Respected Contributor

Do you "advertise" your rolls?

Almost everyone has one or two, even the really fit gals at the gym have them, not so pronounced but they are there.

Do you wear clothing that shows your rolls?

I know some fortunate ladies do not have any...that's nice.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you "advertise" your rolls?

Are you serious?  Of course not.  Only certain Q hosts who apparently don't have access to a mirror do that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Your thread title is hilarious.

I don't like that bra thing that goes on in the back.  I will wear a light shaper. 

I try to keep my rolls to a minimum though.  LOL

Respected Contributor

raising hand.  i don't have any rolls.  lol

Esteemed Contributor

LOL!  No way.  In fact, I go to great lengths to hide and/or minimize them.  I see so many women out and about advertising their rolls, that sometimes I want to say (out loud lol), "You might need to size up!"  I just don't get it.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Definitely not!  I hate when I see someone wearing a top that is tight to the body, showing every excess.  I also don't understand that.  What makes anyone (man or woman) think it's an attractive "look"?

It's easy enough to buy the correct size so that clothes don't cling.  And it certainly doesn't make you look any smaller by wearing clothes that do.

If you want to look smaller.....lose weight!  Until then, buy the right size.  Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I love this question.

I spend lots of time shopping for tops that skim my body without 'advertising' my little buddha belly. I don't like big shirts so it takes careful selection to hit the sweet spot. I can't tell you how careful I am about this. Oh, and then there is the back fat that appeared from nowhere (no one warns you about that). I started experimenting with Ahhh & Genie bras to get a smooth look in back when wearing thinner tops.

BUT I admire the young women I see who aren't a slave to my ever-careful approach to dressing.  When I see their clear imperfections there is a big part of me that salutes their healthy self-image.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

Almost everyone has one or two, even the really fit gals at the gym have them, not so pronounced but they are there.

Do you wear clothing that shows your rolls?

I know some fortunate ladies do not have any...that's nice.

To be honest, I don't have any rolls. Thank goodness!! I hope that I'm able to stay in shape even after having children in the near future. In my case, it's mostly genetics. Both my dad and mom are fit even at their age. I have a super fast metabolism and it's hard for me to keep weight on. I do yoga but to be fair, I don't have to do much to stay in shape.

None of us are perfect and we all have something that we don't like but not all of us have the same things.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

The main reason for my rolls...

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Ha, Ha! Like as if!

Seriously, no I do not want to advertise tummy rolls or back fat. So when I cleaned out my closet changing over from summer to fall I tried on a lot of tops and sent the ones that were too snug packing!

There's nothing worse than seeing someone with ill fitting clothing that shows every lump and bump. They look uncomfortable too.