Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you push your sleeves back on jackets or sweaters.....

I guess for me it depends on the fabrication of the top. If it's knit...I most often push up the sleeve if I know it will stay up and/or not stretch the fabric out. For a suit like jacket I would cuff/roll the sleeve if I was not wearing a long sleeve top underneath. For a blouse that is casual I will roll the sleeves back if the situation calls for it. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

I've noticed the push backed sleeves for some time now.  It looks younger I feel.  I've been waiting for some clever QVC designer to come up with a blazer with ruched sleeves that would make it easier to obtain this look.   There are some for sale on Amazon and I do have an old ruched sleeve blazer from Susan Graver - wish she would do that again.

I think pushing back the sleeves changes the look to a more casual look @Houstonoilers .  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Houstonoilers wrote:

I've noticed the push backed sleeves for some time now.  It looks younger I feel.  I've been waiting for some clever QVC designer to come up with a blazer with ruched sleeves that would make it easier to obtain this look.   There are some for sale on Amazon and I do have an old ruched sleeve blazer from Susan Graver - wish she would do that again.

@Houstonoilers 

Most brands in B&M have ruched sleeves.  I can hardly find any without it unless it's a very high end brand which I usually have to end up buying in petites.

Honored Contributor

ALWAYS.

I cannot STAND my cuffs to get wet EVER, and I wash my hands so often that I've developed the habit of pushing up my sleeves no matter what I'm wearing.

Honored Contributor

Rarely, are sleeves long enough for me @San Antonio Gal . When Linea was sold at the Q, any of Louis's blouses I purchased, the sleeves needed to be pushed up. That's why I find out of necessity I buy clothing brands that cater more to a tall woman. Even though I am just 5'8 I still have difficulty with pants and sleeve lengths.

Honored Contributor

No.  I think it looks sloppy.

Only time I push up my sleeves is when I'm washing my hands.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Sometimes. My arms are very short. That is why I like 3/4 sleeves.

Same here....love 3/4 sleeves.  If I get a long sleeve top I will need to get it in petite and even then will often have to cuff it a bit.

Esteemed Contributor

Sweaters/sweatshirts push up,  jackets usually roll.  Dislike thumb holes so avoid cuddle duds tops.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't care for that look at all 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I push them up.