Honored Contributor

Do you prefer swim wear with control?

[ Edited ]

Even young 20's with perfect weight can have a little movement when they walk.  As women, we all have padding from hormones. With as much as swim suits reveal, which really, they're pretty much a "body stocking", I prefer a little firming.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you prefer swim wear with control?

I have no choice!!!  It can only help so much...depends on how much it has to help😉

Trusted Contributor

Yes, control and support is always good.Smiley Tongue

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Trusted Contributor

I like swimsuits with the built-in bra but that's it.

The more layers, pieces, or shirring added for control, the hotter I feel in the swimsuit - especially if it's a humid day.

Respected Contributor

Yes, some control and a lot of bust support.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I just wish they'd build them with a decent real bra.  I don't need a piece of elastic; I need a bra.  That like trying to restrain an elephant with a rubber band.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

Yes! and while I understand that we all want to cover our guts and bumps, I feel like the designers forget that swimsuits get wet - and regardless of the layers, they still will show your guts and lumps, if they don't have some control built in.  Know what I mean?   like the tiered swimsuits are a drag once you actually go swimming and then get out - I feel wet for forever.  I opt now for just a 1 piece and say, forget it to what others think of my body.  Oh, well!  

Trusted Contributor

I dont even have a bathing suit now.......LOL IM scared of them and I think they are scared of me too LOL WHen I was in my 20's and in the military I had less body fat then most young men.....but that was many years ago....Arrrrrrrrrg the days of the string bikini are officially over...for me anyway. I do not even want to see my legs in public now. When I lived near the beach one would see all body types in bikinis and the dreaded SPEEDOOOOO.....LOL OMG the pain.

Trusted Contributor

NO, don't need to. I wear bikinis.

Honored Contributor

It's not a preference, it's a requirement.  I got some junk in my trunk.  However. young women with great bodies don't want it. they like a little jiggle when they walk on the beach or sround the pool.