Esteemed Contributor

Do you own more spring/summer clothes or fall/winter clothes?

In a recent closet analysis, I see that I own more summer clothing than any other season. That is probably odd since I live in an area where winter can  go on forever.  But in reality, my life is much fuller in the summer months.  I am much more active and our social life seems to be much busier when the weather is beautiful and we aren't battling snow and ice.  

What about you?  How is your wardrobe weighted?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you own more spring/summer clothes or fall/winter clothes?

I have far more summer items than winter items because summer lasts 8 months and winter lasts 2. I was really hurting this last winter because it went on forever and I was recycling outfits like mad. But there's no point in investing in winter clothing here. All of my sweaters last forever because it's only worn two months out of the year and there's no point in spending a lot of money on things that get worn so seldom. Most winters it will be in the 40s for 2 days, then in the 70s, then a few days in the 50s and back to the 70s, then maybe another 2 days in the 40s and it's back to the 80s.

Esteemed Contributor

I think my seasonal clothes are pretty evenly split. We have snow here so need a lot of warm winter wear. The cold clothes are bulkier and take up more space. I do have a lot more boots than sandals.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I actually own much more fall/winter clothing. I need to decrease that amount somewhat as I don't wear a lot of what I have. It's hard to turn loose of these items though, as I love them and can mix and match most things in my closet.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

i seem to have almost an even split but slightly more fall/winter even though we travel to mexico in the winter months.  i just love the winter clothing and styles so much more i think and in the summer you're only thinking of keeping cool.  still looking good, but it's not the same.

Respected Contributor

Still about 50-50 for both. When we moved here, I was thinking I wouldn't need winter outfits. Fortunately I kept everything. I needed them not only for the times I had to travel north in winter, but for the cold days here. 

Honored Contributor

I live in Florida -- enough said.

Contributor

Definitely more Spring/Summer because we live in Florida. But I have a few winter items if I need to go north. Jan/Feb can dip pretty low especially at night. I'd have to buy some boots though if I needed to go to Chicagoland. I live in sandals & flip flops.

Esteemed Contributor

While I have more than enough winter clothes, I seem to have more spring/summer.  I think because they are less costly than winter clothes.  I can buy cute tee shirts and crops for so much less than cashmere sweaters and heavier pants.  

Honored Contributor

I have equal of summer and winter.  Within that, a lot to multiples where black is concerned.  I line dry my good clothes (I work retail after retireing from teaching) and things dry more slowly in cold months.  I don't have a lot of fall because I don't wear orange and olive turns me green!  I wear black, navy, gray, violets, forest greens, reds, and animal prints for transitional.