Valued Contributor

Re: Do you own more spring/summer clothes or fall/winter clothes?

Definitely fall/winter, I love fall clothes, colors, textures, have way too many sweaters and need to downsize. Summer is way short here and we don't have much of a spring.

Super Contributor

Hi, magic!

Thanks for starting a new thread.

I would estimate that my wardrobe is 50/50.  Because our winters are fairly short seasons here in Texas, my fall/winter clothes tend to last longer.  You know I'm a fan of cashmere sweaters and tropical wool pants, and with good care they can last a long time.  I tend to add a few pieces every fall and winter, which further expands my cold weather wardrobe.

I have the hardest time finding appropriate transitional wear:  winter to spring, and summer to fall.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Magic!

It is about 60/40 in favor of spring/summer.  However, some of my summer tops can be worn with a cardigan or jacket in the cooler months.  Also, many of my pants and skirts are for all seasons which works nicely here in South Carolina.

Paws and enjoy life.
Valued Contributor

I'm in southern California, and  it used to be an even split, or mayble 60/40 in favor of spring/summer, but if the past few years are any indication, we're moving steadily in the direction of having maybe 2 months of slightly cooler weather (you really can't call it winter!)

I really ramped up my lighter weight wardrobe items this summer, because if this winter is anything like the last one, my winter items will see very little use.  I'm currently adding dark colors, but in lighter fabrics - sort of the usual fall transitional stuff, I guess.

Now watch - we'll get that El Nino winter everyone's talking about, and I'll be frantically scrambling for a good raincoat!

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Respected Contributor

Minnesota!

Fall and Winter rule here, I have to admit that I do have a good number of summer clothes,  sometimes they are used more just for vacations!!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

With coats and jackets and I love layering pieces (sweaters), it is definitely fall/winter.  It's my favorite time of the year.  I always looked forward to dressing in the fall compare to summer which is always light and not much going on.  You can sink your teeth into fall/winter clothes with the colors and layering.   So glad it is just around the corner.  Cooler weather,colored leaves and then the snow!  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I live in Florida so I am pretty sure you know what season I own the most clothes for! lol... 

I usually have a few medium weight sweaters, a few long sleeved t-shirts, & a few hoodies but that is generally the extent of my winter only clothing. 

Honored Contributor

Right now I have far more Summer clothes,because I really went on a buying spree this year to update my summer wardrobe. Winter lasts a lot long around here, so I will be starting to buy for Fall and Winter very soon......I love to buy for both seasons, but for some reason this year I decided I needed new summer clothes!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Magic, I totally own more cold weather clothes, it's not even close for me!  I love the cooler weather because I love covering up!  I love jackets, scarves and long sleeves!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Not even close for me either.  I own a lot more fall/winter clothes.  I live in Ohio and many years we are breaking out the full on fall clothing by mid to late September.  There is no transition here.  We often go from hot to cold.

While we do a lot more in the summer, my summer activities are very casual so my summer casual wardrobe consists of lots of bathing suits and cover-ups for boating and jet-skiing and lots of t-shirts for riding the Harley.  We also recently bought a camper so that is very casual as well.