Respected Contributor

Re: Do you machine wash items that say hand wash?

Actually my machine has a Delicate cycle and also a Hand Wash cycle. I use both on hand wash items, depending on what the item is.

Honored Contributor

I wash most hand wash items on delicate in the washer but never bras...the wire eventually pokes thru and I learned my lesson the hard way.

Trusted Contributor

My washing machine has a hand wash cycle but I usually put items that are hand wash only in a lingerie bag & wash them on the delicate cycle. I dry them however the instructions say to dry. (hang to dry, dry flat etc)

Super Contributor

For those of you who put hand wash in the machine - do you wait for a full load of delicate laundry?

I hand wash the item I was wearing when I take it off. Soak in the sink a bit, rinse and lay out to dry.

Respected Contributor

I have a hand wash cycle and no beater bar, so I do wash hand washables in my machine. No bras, though.
Respected Contributor

Kathleen, I do wash single items on the delicate cycle. I choose low water level. The cycle takes six minutes (most of it soaking time).

Our washer is over 10 years old, and I haven't worn out the washer yet!

Respected Contributor

NO! If it says hand wash only that's what I do.
Super Contributor

Never hand wash, EVER! Just hit delicate and it comes out perfect in the washing machine.

Honored Contributor

Yes I do. So far, so good.

Honored Contributor

I hand wash cashmere sweaters in Philosophy shower gel. If it's OK for my hair, it's OK for my sweaters.

I used to dry clean my cashmere, but it comes out softer and fresher smelling with a hand wash.

I recently bought an agitator free washer and it makes washing on the delicate or quick wash settings very safe and simple.