Respected Contributor

Re: Do you love this outfit (as much as I do?)

@Nonametoday wrote:

@LTT1 

It's a suit.  It's a neutral, black suit on a sad looking, dissheveled lady.  I am sure they come in all price ranges from many different brands and sizes.  The suit is fine.  It is not breathtaking.  It's like black pumps.  They come in all materials, sizes, prices and brands, and a pair of black pumps is a pair of black pumps. If you put the shoes on a woman in this state of mind, you might not like the shoes.  There is nothing special about this suit.  Nothing really bad, nothing really good.  JMHO

It may be this is an actress everyone likes.  I don't know her.  I don't watch much TV.  But this woman looks like she has either lost her boyfriend or was refused in a bar.

I wouldn't say I'm particularly wowed by this jacket, but I do like it better than most. It has feminine touches and fits nicely. I like the shoulder and one button and how it fits in the waist. I also like the shirt underneath it. I think it boils down to fit. If something fits nicely and has nice lines, it can be "boring" but look really nice. It's all in how you wear it.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I used to watch Madame Secretary, is it still on? I loved her wardrobe.

@Greeneyedlady21 

Yes, CBS Sunday night.

Also love the clothes!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I don’t like the way the shoulders point upward. 

Respected Contributor

Actually, I don't like this suit at all. The shoulders are too pointy, and I don't like the open look at the waistline.

Respected Contributor

No, not a look I would buy. It is just a black blazer with black pants. Very basic.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@LTT1 

It's a suit.  It's a neutral, black suit on a sad looking, dissheveled lady.  I am sure they come in all price ranges from many different brands and sizes.  The suit is fine.  It is not breathtaking.  It's like black pumps.  They come in all materials, sizes, prices and brands, and a pair of black pumps is a pair of black pumps. If you put the shoes on a woman in this state of mind, you might not like the shoes.  There is nothing special about this suit.  Nothing really bad, nothing really good.  JMHO

It may be this is an actress everyone likes.  I don't know her.  I don't watch much TV.  But this woman looks like she has either lost her boyfriend or was refused in a bar.

The woman is Tea Leone, an actress who plays the President of the United States on a show called Madame Secretary.  I guess most Presidents might have moments of stress in the Office.  Woman Wink

@LTT1 @RoughDraft 

Sorry I did not know.  I just don't watch TV that much.  I am sure she is a great actress.  So many seem to like her and her wardrobe.  This was, perhaps, a very bad picture.

@Nonametoday   I believe the picture of her troubled look was a snapshot of a scene in the show.  
~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~