Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you love 100% Cotton Tees?

Nope, I don't like 100% cotton.  It doesn't hold its shape when washed.  I prefer a blend and I don't mind a little spandex, but love a cotton/poly blend.   I'm kind of a fabric snob and have to feel a T-shirt (or any other item of clothing) before I buy it.  100% cotton is uncomfortable to me.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I love them, but sadly they eventually get thrown into the dryer and shrink in length.  I try so hard to keep them separate, but the ol' memory just isn't what it used to be.

Honored Contributor

I am a huge fan of Eddie Bauers tee shirts--they are a blend and they fit great and wash great . I am not a fan of 100% cotton anything--it bags and sags and wrinkles. give me pima cotten anyday of the week or a blend with cotten in it.

Valued Contributor

My favorite material for tees is Slub Knit.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I don't mind a cotton/poly blend.  100% cotton will usually shrink.  All that aside, Old Navy tees don't fit me well.  

They don't fit me that well either. Maybe they would if I took my time time to try on every shirt, but sizing is so inconsistent that I could buy 3 different sizes in the exact same shirt and they'd all fit the same. I just don't have time for that. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I do like cotton tee shirts, but I prefer a fine pima cotton with a touch of spandex to help it hold it's shape. And while I've long preferred natural fibers, I'm finding more and more that I'm becoming a fan of the synthetic fabrics for my golf and work-out wear. Cotton gets heavy and uncomfortable when I'm hot and sweaty. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

Love cotton tees--so comfortable in the summer

Esteemed Contributor

@Squirrel Lover  Just received a Russet Orange 3/4 sleeve pima cotton tee from LL Bean today! Had forgotten all about it. Love those surprise packages. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I prefer only 100% cotton. Cotton/ spandex is hot in the summer, I hate it. Cotton/modal is ok, but I still prefer all cotton.

Honored Contributor

I am a cotton fan, nothing feels as good to me as cotton.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.