Respected Contributor

Re: Do you love 100% Cotton Tees?

Isaac Mizrahi line has a number of styles of tees in pima cotton.  I have purchased several and really think the quality is excellent.  Good hand to the fabric, good fit, good results in laundering and so far good longevity.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee 

Check out costco dot com --- Nautica Ladies Cuff Sleeve Top - 100% cotton - $14.99 w/free shipping. Last year I purchased 3 of these tops - and I just ordered the grey. Gorgeous, very soft cotton, washes well and always looks nice. I NEVER put clothes in the dryer. I wash on cold and then lay on my drying rack - and all my clothes last forever.

Honored Contributor

I only wear all natural fabrics, with the exception of bras and some jackets.  I refuse to wear plastic clothing next to my body if I don't have to.

I have a ton of tanks, short sleeve, elbow sleeve, 3/4 sleeve and long sleeve 100% cotton tees. Some of mine are at least 10 years old and still look like new.

I just purchased 17 three quarter sleeve and 7 elbow length tees from Christopher Banks.  When they have a sale, their tees are as low as $6.99 to $9.99. They are a great value, wear well, don't fade or stretch or shrink out of shape.  I love the summer time and cotton is a really nice cool fabric that breaths.I would sweat and just melt in polyester.  Our summers are hot and humid.

I Machine wash and rinse in cold water, then put in the dryer for less than five minutes.  I just want to warm up the fabric a bit, then hang on huggable hangers.  They dry perfectly, with no shrinking and no wrinkles.  I move the hangers to my closet.  They are easy care.

I find that stains are difficult  to remove from polyester and white soon turns yellow.  I like my white cotton tees to look pristine and white, not dingy.

I also own Lands End, LLBean, and Coldwater Creek 100% cotton tees.

I easily have over 100 all cotton tees, with different necklines and sleeve lengths. I live in them all year around.

Honored Contributor

No, not a fan.

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I will only wear all- cotton! Cannot stand spandex, model, nylon, etc....OlD NAVY has a great sale on everything including great Tees, not paper thin, all different colors, prints. I bought 8 for $56.

I will not pay $$$ for a summer Tee!

Happy SPRING!

I will drop by my local Mall and check out the Old Navy Store thanks for the info.👕

Super Contributor

I'm a big big fan of supima cotton tees from lands end.  Lite weight, great colors, long sleeve and short sleeve.  I have all the colors and replace white every year.  lighter weight than Issac's(his are only 80% pima cotton) LE's are 100%.  No fadeing, not stretching out.  By far the finest, for the money.  Marthas lux cotton is another favorite.  I got her mock necks, only cause LE has a tight cuff on their supima cotton mock necks.  Kinda a cotton snob, I guess.  Woman Very Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

And I'm on the other side.  I will not buy anything that's 100% cotton.  I like the easy care of the other fabrics.  If I could afford it, my whole wardrobe would be liquid knit!!!!!

@Krimpette @I agree 100 percent.   I have an extensive Susan Graver wardrobe.  I just recently ordered 6 of her butter knit tops that are short sleeved.  Her clothes will last for years without shrinkage or wrinkles and it’s worth the hundreds of dollars ‘i’ve Spent for them.  One washing of 100 percent cotton the top would look like it’s 5 years old.  

Trusted Contributor

I live in hot south Florida, nor Suan Graver fabrics for me, thank you.  My dilemma is finding cotton tees that are thin.  I can't wear any tee that's thick, it's just too hot here for those.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@Foxxee 

Check out costco dot com --- Nautica Ladies Cuff Sleeve Top - 100% cotton - $14.99 w/free shipping. Last year I purchased 3 of these tops - and I just ordered the grey. Gorgeous, very soft cotton, washes well and always looks nice. I NEVER put clothes in the dryer. I wash on cold and then lay on my drying rack - and all my clothes last forever.

@kivah 

Thanks for the tip. 

Valued Contributor

Cotton all the way for me!!

Beckyblu