Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you look at others' clothing

The ones who look very well dressed or look very poorly dressed will catch my eye.  

Respected Contributor

I notice fashion, but don't think about the price. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, not so much clothing, but the overall appearance and "attitude" of the person.

Honored Contributor

No - I guess I'm really not too interested in what other people spend their money on.   

Respected Contributor

Rather than estimating the cost of the person's outfit, I look at how they put together colors, textures and general " look. "

DH who couldn't tell you what anyone wore made a comment I will never forget.  We were walking through a rather ritzy Florida Gulf Coast shopping / outdoor restaurant area and said :  That fellow must have over $3000 on in casual clothes.   Couldn't believe it !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I notice if someone is wearing clothing that is obviously way too tight on the body.  I wonder why anyone would purchase something that does not fit.  But I don't contemplate their expenditure. 

Esteemed Contributor

I do notice what others are wearing; however, not to figure out cost. Since I'm now retired, I especially notice women in my age group. A lot of women put themselves together really well in a casual way. I noticed today a woman dressed simply but looked pretty. She wore a print blue/grey simple shirt blouse with grey pants. With her pretty, casual style pepper grey/black hair, I think she would have caught a lot of eyes.

I guess I notice what someone is wearing when they just look very nice.

OTOH, I don't notice others, unless they're the total opposite.

Respected Contributor

Only when I see a designer's initials on, for example, a pair of shoes. Then I figure they must have been expensive. I see a lot of young people wearing flats with MK or TB on them and I know they're not cheap.  Unless it's obvious that they're wearing a specific designer's clothes, I might admire the clothes but it never occurs to me to wonder how much it cost.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, it doesn't occur to me to wonder how much someone's clothes cost. 

Just another sales tactic that has nothing to do with reality. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No. I really don't pay that much attention, and I don't expect people to be paying attention to me, either. I dress for me, not to impress. The sales people who talk that way on the q (Lisa Robinson was the worst offender) always sound like teenagers to me. Most of us grow out of that insecurity. I hope.