Honored Contributor

Re: Do you look at others' clothing

Yes. I love fashion. I know quality, can tell cashmere from acrylic, silk from polyester. I don't estimate cost; I don't care how much or little they paid.

Esteemed Contributor

Just to be clear "expenditures" means how someone spends money--not the amount spent.  

As someone who loves fashion and loves people-watching to see how others put themselves together, of course!  If I see a well-heeled woman, I take in everything about her outfit and make judgments on her "expenditures".  I have no idea if she shopped Neiman Marcus or a consignment shop.  

Esteemed Contributor

No -- unless they're dressed hideously or inappropriately. Like some around here who continue to wear shorts and flipflops when temps are in the 40's. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I always notice what people are wearing, but not in terms of price.  I admire good fit, up to date style, and snazzy use of accessories.

Honored Contributor

I notice what others wear, but I never think about how much they spent. I like fashion and clothes so I love to look at the outfits others put together.

Honored Contributor

Last week I had the joyous invitation to attend the great-all-American event called "Jury Duty". At this festive event I was stunned to see such wonderful attire! Some were dressed like they were at a costume party and some looked rather under-the-bridge in appearance. One very sloppy dressed lady standing next to me said: "I dressed this way for a reason." She went on further to say: "I'm a school teacher and they always pick me so this time I dressed the part in an attempt to give them the wrong visual impression." I chuckled and told her she was so smart to dress that way! LOL! I would never have thought she was a professional by the way she was dressed.

Respected Contributor

Not really. Occasionally a woman wil be wearing something that really catches my eye and I will take a double take.

(But, a real sharp dressed handsome man will always catch my eye! 😉) 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

I do notice what other women are wearing - especially if I really like it!

I don't calculate the cost of something though.  I mix high and low end items all the time. 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo  The hosts' most often pitch when referring to others thinking you've spent a lot of money? "It looks so high end"! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thank you ladies and very interesting! So apparently the only time it even comes into your mind is when somebody has a label emblazoned on the front of their shirt bag or shoes yet it's such a popular selling point. Good tip on jury duty by the way LOL since I was actually selected last time and trust me when I tell you I threw in all this skids! Cousin who'd done time I work for an attorney excetera excetera