Contributor

Re: Do you like this layered look?

Honestly, it just looks cheap the way the item is shown.  If there wasn't SO much print on the bottom and a more modest area of print then maybe.  But not a fan of this particular style and have zero like it. 

Trusted Contributor

@On It wrote:

Not at all. It looks like they ran out of fabric, so they just stitched some extra leftover around the bottom. Reminds me of a designer whose clothing does not appeal to me either.

Edited to add: As for the fake collar, I would prefer they sold the pieces separately as a complete shirt/sweater or as a set of two. If that fabric is scratchy, I would not wear it.

The whole purpose of doing this is so the garment in more flattering and more comfortable to wear. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The only issue with the all-in-one "layering," .... it's limiting.  

With the Kathleen Kirkwood "inside" piece - I can wear it with ALL my "outside" pieces

Respected Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

Thought I'd take a chance and ordered this "as is" IM combo ... surprisingly, I liked the look ... and ordered another one in black/white...

I've had attached layered pieces in both black and navy with white cuffs and collar.  No matter how they were washed, the dark colors made the crisp white shirt terribly dingy looking.  Even when I tried just washing the white, the slightest bit of wet would make the dark color bleed.

Frequent Contributor

I never liked it, it just does not look good to me at all.
Respected Contributor

I like it.  You get the look without the bulk.  The Isaac one A453601 is really nice. I liked the navy but it's gone. The green looks nice too.

@San Antonio Gal 

Esteemed Contributor

No.  It looks silly.  Besides it's a throwback of the 90's.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I like to wear layers in the winter and fall but I do not like the "layered look".   I regularly wear blouses under cashmere sweaters but without the bottom hanging out and usually with the blouse cuffs turned back to show.   Top off with a blazer or a denim jacket depending on where I am going.