Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like this layered look?

I almost ordered this style top when Kim Gravel had it on the Q.  However, after thinking about it, I didn't order.  There was something about the style I didn't care for.

Honored Contributor

No, thanks.

Super Contributor

Yes, I love that layered look! I don't care for that particular top shown (not my colors or pattern) but in general, I do love a collared top under a sweater. If it's all in one piece, even better! 

Esteemed Contributor

I like a layered look as long as I am doing the layering.  I like a blouse under a sweater with a blazer and dress pants for a tailored look for work.  I do it with jeans also.  This looks like the sweater shrunk LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I am generously sized in hips and rear.  So no, no band around my widest part.  Maybe if I was tall.  Isaac has shown several recently.  Between that and the super long tops, I am saving $$$.

A453601

A451979

A453533

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I'm too short to pull that off......

Me too!

Glenda

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

'Gee', I really like the one in the O/P's photo. 

Nice, dark print on the bottom, which I like!

(Not a fan of bright, solid white fabric in that area). 

(Edited to say that I can do that on my own, wearing a top over one of my white shirts.  As long as the length of the white shirt isn't too long, that is.)

Anyway, looking at the other photo(s), I do like those particular layered tops with the white shirt underneath.  They look 'just right', imo.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Yes - I do like layering.

I don't have any of these one piece tops - but I do have several Kathleen Kirkwood tops that I wear under other shirts and sweaters.

Honored Contributor

It seems this look has been done for years and I guess I'm tired of seeing it.

I guess I don't mind a real shirt under a sweater or jacket but not purposely have the shirt made longer or have it one piece of sweater and shirt-no.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I am generously sized in hips and rear.  So no, no band around my widest part.  Maybe if I was tall.  Isaac has shown several recently.  Between that and the super long tops, I am saving $$$.

A453601

A451979

A453533

@NYCLatinaMeIt is very slimming, because the eye is drawn up and down rather then side to side. Try it I bet you look fabulous!

I got this from my art days, you can create illusions with both color, and lines.