Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you like these shorts?

My 60 year old 20-1/2" thighs do not look the same as they did when I was in my 20's.  I could have worn them back then....but no, too goody two shoes I guess.  

Honored Contributor

Those shorts cover more than some leggings that I have seen adult women wear that are pushed into every nook and cranny.

I wouldn't  wear the leggings or the shorts, but IMO the shorts are more modest.

Honored Contributor

No. I would not even wear those when I was younger. Nothing like paying money for something that needs to go in the garbage???

Esteemed Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

Ahh...Youth is right!   I think these are ridiculous, but being a teen in the 60s I wore suede hot pants, a genuine rabbit mini skirt and Peter Max tights to name just a few of the crazy clothes of that error, so who am I to judge!  If these shorts are the worst of it, you'd be blessed.  It's just a phase that passes.

@Biftu wow, I wish you could post a picture of that! 

Me too!   Wish I had a picture.

Honored Contributor

Maybe if I was 14 years old.  That is totally ridiculous just like some of the torn up full length jeans.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

The model here seems to have very muscular thighs so she fills out the strings quite nicely, but no, I don't really care for them.

I especially dislike when a zipper kinda pokes out at the top and doesn't lie flat - means the pants/shorts are too small.  I wonder what the rear view looks like?  Woman Embarassed

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

I know what ya mean.  When I was younger I was so conservative in my clothing.  I guess it was my upbringing.  A real square but it kept me out of trouble.  

@agb80 

What name do you usually post under? That comment is rather disturbing and I'm finding most of what you're saying 'inCITEful'

😏

Honored Contributor

I see short short shorts on young girls a lot now.  Hey, they are kids.  It's not the worst thing they could do and being young, they don't think like we do. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I still wear short shorts, but I don't like them that ripped. Mine are usually 3 1/2".  My other ones are 5" ones.  I never wear Bermudas.  Too long on me & too close to the knee. . Most of mine are denim & yes I still buy them from Rag & Bone, Frame, AG, etc.  I'm careful how they fit around the the thighs.  I have slim thighs and don't like them "baggy"  One reason I don't buy any shorts from QVC

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rag & Bone shorts  3.5" inseam 22.75" leg opening  Waist size 

Dre Low-Rise Short - Ditch Plains

5" inseam  17.5" leg opening

100% cotton short   inseam 3.5"  12 1/8" leg opening

High rise mid length short  5" inseam   20 1/2" leg opening   I have this one.

Have to add new from AG  100% cotton Tees.  The colors are gorgeous!