Respected Contributor

Re: Do you like the style in which your significant other dresses?

I taught my DH how to dress upon his request. 10 years later, I only need to intervene occasionally. He's a pro now. He used to think buying clothes was not a good investment but now he sees the value in being put together for any occasion.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

My SO wears what he likes and wants and I wouldn't think of changing him.  I fell in love with him over 30 years ago and can't imagine wanting to change him in any way and making him into something fake that isn't him!  I wouldn't be with him if I felt he needed to be molded and changed!!!   He is the same and never tries to change who I am.  Some men go along with clothing changes to keep the peace since they know that no matter what they want to wear, it will be criticized so they just let "mommy" buy their clothing and dress them.  It umcomplicates their lives.

Honored Contributor

I know I'm very bias but I feel my dh is the best dresser on the planet. He has a great sense of style and looks great in everything he wears. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

My husband is super casual and he is all about comfort.  For a while, I tried to get him to be more stylish, but he just wasn't happy.  So, I let him be!  LOL.  I do buy all of his clothes for him because he hates to shop and now he has health issues, so it is just easier.  I know what he likes and dislikes so its no problem choosing things.  His style or lack thereof, is part of who he is, and it's very endearing to me!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake  I'm a retiree from a major university and I know your husband's attire well. And I'll say, sounds very dapper.

Honored Contributor

He's clean and neat and dresses like he is in the 60's. LOL. If he's cool with it, so be it.

Honored Contributor

DH retired almost 3 years ago and has not worn a suit or tie in 3 years. If he has to "dress up" he will wear khaiis and a sweater.He always looks good.

For his Moms funeral his dress was also casual-it was what he and his sister decided. 

When he worked the dress code was very strict and he was glad to say good bye to it.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Valued Contributor

I have no problem with the way he dresses.  He's very put together all the time.  Even his underwear looks good.  LOL

The only thing that bothers me occasionally is how much cologne he uses.  I keep telling him "one less squirt"  

Trusted Contributor

@Bri63 Oh yes, I work with a few people, men and women, who over-spritz.

Truly gag inducing.

That would be a great new thread: do you like your SO's choice and level of cologne/perfume?

Honored Contributor

He wears a suit to work and always looks good. He still looks wonderful in a pair of jeans...6'2 and still works out. Same 32/34 he was when I first met him. Be still my heart. LOL