Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you like the mid calf boot trend as seen on Cindy Crawford?

@San Antonio Gal, mid-calf boots are my favorites!  Most of mine, though, are shorter than those in the picture.  I think they look great with leggings (I have slender but shapely legs) and think they highlight my better features.  That said, I did just receive the recent Vince Camuto tall boot in foxy suede and I like those too.  I think if I’d gotten them in black there’d been too much of an Aye, Matey/pirate feel to me.  They are the only tall boots I have.

Honored Contributor

I have a pair of lamo boots that are about that height and  I wear them a lot with leggings. Lamo boots are very comfortable and warm.

Honored Contributor

I like the ones on Cindy but the boots with the dress.

Honored Contributor

I have several pairs like that, but, prefer the bootie.

https://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/1/happy-holidays-sandy-keeton.jpg

Trusted Contributor

i have quite a few, so yes, i like them a lot. the lace up ones can look really cool. 

Honored Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

Nay.

@Hippiified   They’re a nay for me, too. They cut off my legs in a strange place. I do wear cowgirl/cowboy boots which are a bit shorter and the tops are looser. I have difficulty stuffing jeans (& keeping them inside) skinny jeans.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

The boots are OK but nothing I would look twice at. I like Cindy's shearling jacket though.

@TY Also like the jacket. I never liked the look of a boot w/ a skirt or dress, but since I wear neither, no issue for me...well maybe it’d look OK if skirt was midi length. It’s the show of skin between like skirt too short or boots not high enough.

Respected Contributor

I prefer knee high or OTK for tall boots.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I like them.  But a trend?  Dont think so, midcalf boots have been around for 70 or more years.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

There's a gal in the office that wears two different pair of these.  Every time I think "looks dumpy."  It could possibly be the owner and not the boots!