Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you like or wear ripped/distressed jeans that are in style?

Absolutely not.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I'm not 16 so the answer is no.  I do have one pair of lightwash boyfriend jeans that have some minor distressing.  

Honored Contributor

Another no here. 

My 16 year old great niece has a pair like these. They look like hot pants with a hem at the bottom of each leg. My DH asked her what happened to her jeans when he saw her. 😱

Honored Contributor

If I were a teen or early 20s, I'm sure that I would love them. And because of that, I'm not going to rag on them, no pun intended.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

No, I don't like torn or ripped clothing. And the models look ridiculous. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't wear jeans often. That said I purchased a pair of Ralph Lauren jeans about 5 years ago and noticed some very light tears in the legs. I had never heard of distressed jeans until when I went to return them for imperfections in the fabric, that the saleswoman told me that was the "look." I returned them anyway.

Honored Contributor

The examples in OP are too extreme, IMO.

I have a pair of lightly distressed skinny jeans that look something like this. That's as far as l will go with this trend!

IMG_1119.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Nope...I see these all the time where I live (NYC) and still do not understand this trend.  I don't wear jeans often but when I do and my jeans shows any wear or tear I throw them out as usual.

Occasional Contributor

Looks like they need to go to re-hab. Pathetic trend and very sad when women show no respect for themselves and rather go with the flow instead of being themselves. Too bad!

Respected Contributor

No, I would not wear any of the examples shown.  I wouldn't wear any piece of clothing with a hole in it anywhere outside the confines of my own home. 

Other than looking extremely stupid,  they would have to be very uncomfortable flapping around while one was trying to walk.