Honored Contributor

Do you like or own any houndstooth print clothing?

Do you prefer a solid color over a houndstooth print?  Emma Roberts looks great in this pink/red houndstooth coat.  The article didn't state the brand.  The purse is Kate Spade.  Do you like this look?

Emma Roberts attends Kate Spade New York’s Fall 2022 presentation in New York City. - Credit: BFA/Rommel Demano and Darian DiCianno

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like or own any houndstooth print clothing?

I like houndstooth, have some, but not the one shown, It looks like a costume.

Honored Contributor

I love the pink and white houndstooth, the fuzzy cuffs not so much.  I love black and white houndstooth skirt or pants with a bright red blouse.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Not this one with the faux fur collar and cuffs.

I've always loved houndstooth weaves and prints.  From way, way back.

Now I wish that I hadn't donated my houndstooth skirts and jumpers.  Years ago.

Well, saved me money dry cleaning, etc. I guess. 

Would love to have Isaac design one or two houndstooth jumpers or other items. 

Maybe a houndstooth knit cardigan?  Well,  at least something. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Regular Contributor

I love BLACK & WHITE houndstooth. Years ago I had a blk & wht double breasted dress that I would wear with black patent or red high heels (2+ inches). I would always get compliments. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes I would and have woren houndstooth.  A long time ago when I worked in an office I had a blazer type jacket of black and white houndstooth.  I loved that jacket and I often wondered if my co workers got tired of see me in it.  I wore it often.

The pink in the photo however is another story.  The outfit looks like Mrs. Santa Claus gone wild.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Do you prefer a solid color over a houndstooth print?  Emma Roberts looks great in this pink/red houndstooth coat.  The article didn't state the brand.  The purse is Kate Spade.  Do you like this look?

Emma Roberts attends Kate Spade New York’s Fall 2022 presentation in New York City. - Credit: BFA/Rommel Demano and Darian DiCianno

@San Antonio Gal  I like the pink and white hounds tooth a lot. Nice and bright. My fave is black and white. I had trousers, skirts and jackets. Always paired with a crisp white or red shirts.

If this coat was plain without the collar or cuffs, I would wear it. Not that I don't like the collar and cuffs, I'm too short and it would swallow me up. lol. Smaller collar and cuffs and it would be a winner for me.

Thanks for the post.

Valued Contributor

No, don't like that look. However I think Emma Roberts is pretty enough to make even those outfits I don't like look cute on her.

I do own a houndstooth pattern scarf. And in the mid-70's I had a houndstooth pattern suit with a maxi skirt, of all things, that I would find hid-ee-ous today. 

Honored Contributor

I would like it minus the fuzzy collar and cuffs.  I lean toward solids but do like houndstooth also.

Esteemed Contributor

I would like it better without the furry collar and cuffs but she looks lovely in it.  I like houndstooth, I own one black and red jacket by Joan Rivers which I tend to wear more around the holidays.  I used to own a pair of black and white pants with stirrups (remember those??LOL)  and I loved them.  They were the nicest pants, fit well and were flattering.  Had them for years but I wore them out and would never fit in them now anyway Smiley Sad   Haven't purchased any houndstooth since.