Trusted Contributor

I like camo a lot. it's certainly not a trend. it's been around forever, just like animal prints. done simply and tastefully (yes, it can be done), there are some really cute pieces that you can incorporate into your wardrobe. I wear mine like accents, or just to make an outfit look fun. 

Contributor

Growing up as an Army brat, camo strongly reminds me of my father.  We also had a couple of Army blankets that were camo and they were so warm.  So, yes, I love camo.   But I do not see it at the stores at all, only on the Q, so I don't why she is saying it is so big right now.

Esteemed Contributor

I like camo in small items...shoes, purses, scarf.  I only like the gray combination...green is not my color and blue and pink camo is silly IMnotsoHO.  I had a pair of camo heels back in the day and loved them (can't wear high heels now boo hoo).  Recently bought a pair of blue camo pants at N Rack because they were $12 on sale...looked ridiculous...went to Goodwill.

I really like the GILI vest in gray, but won't take the chance (see the hundreds and hundreds of previous threads about sizing inconsistencies and try-on fees, etc.).

Jacque should have sized up, but I'm not sure this vest is for busty women so that might not have done any good.

I want to know where the vendor and Jacque got their white elbow sleeve tees!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I have both this camo sweatshirt and sweater, from Banana Republic. They're the only two camo items l own, and won't be buying any more. This trend has become so ubiquitous that l've begun to get tired of it, LOL.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I like camo in small items...shoes, purses, scarf.  I only like the gray combination...green is not my color and blue and pink camo is silly IMnotsoHO.  I had a pair of camo heels back in the day and loved them (can't wear high heels now boo hoo).  Recently bought a pair of blue camo pants at N Rack because they were $12 on sale...looked ridiculous...went to Goodwill.

I really like the GILI vest in gray, but won't take the chance (see the hundreds and hundreds of previous threads about sizing inconsistencies and try-on fees, etc.).

Jacque should have sized up, but I'm not sure this vest is for busty women so that might not have done any good.

I want to know where the vendor and Jacque got their white elbow sleeve tees!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is the tee they were wearing:

http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I.-Ribbed-Knit-Elbow-Sleeve-Essentials-T-shirt.product.A273440.html?sc=A273...

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

Well on my husband - yes. He literally has camo everything - from jackets, hoodies, pants, shorts, t shirts, sleep pants, sleep shorts, boots, shoes, hats and socks. I am surprised he does not have a camo toothbrush😀!

When I am really feeling bummy I will wear a tshirt or a hoodie of his. And, I do wear the socks around the house.

He is an avid hunter, so if it comes in camo we probably have it!!

But, for me to actually buy myself something camo to wear - that just is not going to happen. Too many other pretty prints out there to choose from - I will leave the camo to the guys.

@CAMOGIRL: Your screen name makes it seem that you like camo.  Smiley Happy

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

No!

I was getting my car serviced last week and  Burger King was next door..so I wandered over to get a Sweat Tea..While standing in line there was this girl,  she had on ripped jeans and a Camo Sweatshirt like she had been cleaning the barn for a month.

They called her name and said the Manager would be with her soon for her interview!

Interview!!! I know it is fast food and all but it still is a job interview.

Esteemed Contributor

@vac

Thank you vac...I think you may be correct...too bad the sizing looks strange to me...chest sizes...according to the chart I may or may not be a 1X (I'm normally a med or lrg in Q sizing).  The chest measurements seem to be the same in some of the sizes...?  It's a little too short for me, too. $54 is a bit much for a tee, too.  

But, no matter, generally speaking I won't take the chance with Q clothes any more (there's always the rare exception and I do love LDO, but even then I'm only interested in the ENR whisper knit and the pebble crepe).

Thanks again vac.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Yes, but in moderation. Only 1 item at a time. And I like wearing camo shoes or a handbag with a polished professional look-very chic! No matchy matchy Woman LOL

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I strongly DISLIKE it.

I strongly AGREE!  Smiley Happy