Super Contributor

Re: Do you like cabled sweaters?

There are so many styles of ""cabled sweaters."" I don't particularly care for Aran style cable knits ... just not my look.

But - I've made cabled sweaters with finer gauge yarns that are quite nice.

Respected Contributor

I love the way they look on others.

Honored Contributor

My preference is for smooth knit. Most cable knits tend to add bulk and too much warmth. They do look pretty, just not on my body.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

I like cabled sweaters, I just purchased some in the tunic length and they are nice. I am really liking those "Eyelash" sweaters, too, and purchased some of those also. Where I live it is so very cold, and have not met a sweater yet that is too warm!

Super Contributor

On 11/3/2014 snapdragons said:

I like cabled sweaters, I just purchased some in the tunic length and they are nice. I am really liking those "Eyelash" sweaters, too, and purchased some of those also. Where I live it is so very cold, and have not met a sweater yet that is too warm!

Find a sweater made with alpaca yarn. I made one last winter ... amazingly warm.

Frequent Contributor

I do love them, always have. I was so happy to be able to wear one a couple of days ago when the weather turned cool here, but now we are back to 70's todaySmiley Sad

Wow FunkyHulaGirl, great find. Congratulations on that.

Valued Contributor

i love them! (depending on the styling of course). Many companies are pushing them big time this season. American Eagle and Forever 21 have a ton of cute styles.

Trusted Contributor

I love cable knit sweaters!

Like this one...

Member Since 11/20/2008
Trusted Contributor

Sorry that was so BIG!!!

Member Since 11/20/2008
Super Contributor

On 11/3/2014 Kathleen said:
On 11/3/2014 snapdragons said:

Find a sweater made with alpaca yarn. I made one last winter ... amazingly warm.

I wish I knew how to knit or crochet, have not seen any alpaca, but will keep my eye out for that. I bet your sweater is beautiful! I have many cashmere and angora sweaters also. Have to do a lot of layering it gets bitter cold up on Lake Ontario !