Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like New Antique Rose from Denim & Co?

I liked the color on air, but it wasn't a good color on me.

Honored Contributor

I have some clothes that color.

I don’t care a lot for it.  It’s always a matter of perception.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Mindy D 

The link takes you to a QVC model who might be close to your coloring without the grey streak.  She has dark brown hair, you said you have brown.  She's wearing a Denim & Co  antique rose jacket.  I think she looks nice in this color.

https://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Faux-Sherpa-Single-Breasted-Jacket.product.A371321.html

Thanks for the link. The model’s coloring is close to mine. The jacket color looks much dustier than the other photos of clothing in this color. It looks like the color would look best on blondes with fair skin. It’s not very flattering on this model. 

Honored Contributor

I think it's "muddy", so I don't care for it at all.

Honored Contributor

No.

Esteemed Contributor

I personally don't.....it seems a little muted for me. 

Respected Contributor

Not a color I care for.  It looks washed out on the presentations so it is not a color i would spend money on.  I don't think it would go well with your colorings.

Super Contributor

I dislike dusty, muddy colors.  I don't know why Gary doesn't have a true pale pink.  It seems when rarely brands have that true pink,  it sells quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

I have one piece and use it as a neutral. Wear it with jeans, navy, gray or black pants. I look better in true colors, though. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

I have similar coloring to you.  I bought an antique rose top and it wasn’t flattering on me at all. Made me look very washed out.

I tried a similar color top in Rose Brown and I like it much better.  Just that slight tweaking of that shade made a difference.

My daughter complimented me when I was wearing it, so I bought her 2 D & co. tops in that color & I bought another one for myself.