Respected Contributor

Re: Do you keep the bags and boxes your clothes and shoes from QVC come in?

@muttmom quite true

Honored Contributor

I'm guilty of keeping the bags and boxes too long. I always intend to only keep them until l wear/use the item, and l'm sure that l'm keeping it. Then they start to pile up, until DH complains, and l force myself to do a purge, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

The QVC outer plastic bags I receive usually possess dirt (which resembles tire tracks)…so they do not get past my garage.   The inner plastic bags are kept in case of return (30 days if it's for me)!   Hid under my spare room bed is a safe haven from my DH's sight.

Honored Contributor

I only keep boxes from electronics.

Respected Contributor

@151949 so does my husband

Honored Contributor

I keep the boxes until I know I am going to keep the item, then throw the box away. I make a few exceptions for things that will be hard to pack if I move. The Temp-tations dishes I bought were so well packaged that I photographed everything as I unwrapped them and kept all of the packaging materials to reuse again if I move. (I moved last year and buying boxes and padding was a big expense.)

I never keep the bags. Once I open them, the only way to reseal them would be tape and they're usually dirty and worn when they arrive. If I need to return or exchange anything that came in a bag, I buy my own shipping envelope at the store. An old taped-up bag is going to have a harder time in transit and I don't want my returned items to fall out or get ruined on the way back to QVC.

Respected Contributor

I keep it only until I use or wash the item.  Almost every time I get rid of packaging right away I seem to have an issue and need to send it back. 

Honored Contributor

Ahhhhh.....no.   Why would anyone keep packaging?   I try things on or out when they arrive, I don't wait for the 30 day period to almost run out.  If the item is a keeper, I toss out the packaging.  I don't need it.   I rarely return anything but when I do, it's always with in days of receiving it.  I try to use the original packaging.  Sometimes with the plastic bags, I can't.  If something comes in a box, I return it in the box. 

Respected Contributor

i always keep original bags, boxes and paperwork until I am sure I will not be returning. I then toss them out.  i always keep original packaging for Ripka in case I sell something on the bay.  I then include the packaging especially when I sell during a holiday season.

Honored Contributor

Note from my PO hard working people: Always obliterate the address label TO YOU when you reuse bags and boxes. Black marker, dark tape, whatever. This stuff is read by machines and there's a chance it might come right back to you.