Honored Contributor

Do you keep the bags and boxes your clothes and shoes from QVC come in?

I keep them for a while, just until I'm sure the item fits or the person I'm giving it to likes it. Then I recycle them. If I have to return something, I always use the original bag or box. But now, with the holidays coming, I'm accumulating a lot of bags and boxes that contained gifts for other people. Since most won't be given until December, I'm reluctant to toss them now. When I started a pile in the garage, DH gave me a look and asked how long they were going to be there. 

So I started wondering what everyone else does. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you keep the bags and boxes your clothes and shoes from QVC come in?

If I have a lot of purchases I will hold on to the bags/boxes for a while.  Most clothing comes in those plastic Q bags.  I have sent more than one order in one package back.  

For instance, if I have several tops from different orders and vendors I will place them all in the clear plastic bags that they came in with their return forms then place each order into a separate Q bag.  If I have several I will put them all together into one larger Q bag if I have it.  If not then I have taken the items out of the Q bags and placed them all (they are still in the clear plastic bags) into one Q bag depending on how it fits.  I've done this with up to 5 orders and never had a problem. I've even used some of my own boxes if the Q bag wasn't large enough.

I'll also add extra clear packing tape around the bag to make it more secure and I have a FexEx account that I use to ship it back.  It arrives in one day and I have tracking (I'm in Pa so the shipping time frame makes a difference) and the cost is reasonable.

You can always fold the bags up and place them inside one another.  I would probably keep boxes for shoes and any breakable items.

Don't think though that you must ship items back individually.  You can combine them.  I have done this often for years.

Honored Contributor

i dont keep the bags and boxes......they go out for recycling or trash almost immediately. if for some reason i have to send it back i usually have a box or bag i can put it in to ship it back.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I learned the hard way to always try on any clothes I get right away....even if it is ths same top in a different color. Then I decide right away if I am going to keep it. If it is something that can stop working....I will keep the box just in case....

Honored Contributor

Once I decide if I'm keeping something, I put the bag or the box in the recycle container.  I don't hold on to anything but the paperwork.

Respected Contributor

I keep them until I am sure I am keeping the item.  If necessary I use the original bag/box to return.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

maybe i'm being paranoid but does anyone scribble out the name/address and bar code on UPS labels before you put the bags or boxes out?

i use a thick black  Sharpie if i can't peel the labels.   i shred junk mail too, just the mail that has my name on it like unsolicted cc apps.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

i hold on to bags and boxes until i'm sure that i'm not returning.  i used to keep shoe boxes, but they are cumbersome and now they go also.

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline we do shred and i do use a black marker on my address and name so you aren't the least paranoid!

Respected Contributor

I keep a few bags and boxes.  You can always print out the information from your account here.