Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you hestitate to tell someone.......

I tell them, no problem. If they choose to look down on me for that.......I don't need their approval. Sad, but, some people think the "brand names" make them superior.

Respected Contributor

I find it interesting that people will often compliment me on something, then ask me where I got it. When I tell them (it could be any one of several shopping channels I buy from), they often say something like, "You shop from TV?????" Like it's so wacked out to that, but they've already admired what I bought (?) To be honest, I rarely shop in stores because I find it tiring and time consuming, and I never hesitate to tell people that!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2014 2blonde said:

I find it interesting that people will often compliment me on something, then ask me where I got it. When I tell them (it could be any one of several shopping channels I buy from), they often say something like, "You shop from TV?????" Like it's so wacked out to that, but they've already admired what I bought (?) To be honest, I rarely shop in stores because I find it tiring and time consuming, and I never hesitate to tell people that!

Just tell them they're outdated. Almost everything I buy I found and paid for online, including things I buy on QVC. It's almost never on my actual TV and I almost never watch. I do shop online and review recorded presentations for individual products. I also watch the videos available on any other sites that offer them. What does it matter if I shop online from Dillards or QVC?

Honored Contributor

I don't offer info on where I bought something but if someone asks where I got something that was purchased from a shopping channel I tell them I bought it online. I avoid mentioning the name if at all possible because most people are clueless about them and tend to have negative assumptions.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope. Don't hesitate for a second.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

Oh, no girl! If someone compliments me on anything I tell them where I got it. I don't even think about it. I just blurt it out.

Honored Contributor

I never tell. The way I put things together no one would ever know unless they recognized a specific item.

Admit to nothing!!

Trusted Contributor

I have no problem telling people where I purchased anything. I have even purchased food from QVC and will tell them about that, too.

Honored Contributor

if someone asks where i bought something i tell them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I have no problem telling someone I purchased an item from QVC. Don't care what people think.