Trusted Contributor

Do you hestitate to tell someone.......

You bought it at QVC? I do sometimes,depending on what the item is. I always admit to Linea,but not so much to the other brands. Haven't a clue why..... Does QVC or any home shopping channel have a "stigma" to you? Curious.......
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you hestitate to tell someone.......

I seldom, if ever, tell that an item is from QVC or HSN.

Honored Contributor

If someone asks I tell makes no difference to me if someone knows I bought something from a shopping channel.

Frequent Contributor

Nope. Never hesitate. Does not matter to me at all.

Super Contributor

I don't tell where it's from unless someone asks me. Yes, I think there is a stigma attached to purchasing from a shopping channel but I don't think there should be.
Honored Contributor

Nope, if someone asks me where I got it, I tell them. Are they going to judge me for buying from QVC? What do I care?

There are so many things people might judge me on at any given moment, some I care about, some I don't. Judgment over shopping at QVC is super inconsequential to me.

Honored Contributor

Everyone knows I am a diehard QVC shopper. They usually don't even ask.

Respected Contributor

No one has ever told me they bought something at QVC or HSN. I rarely buy, but would not advertise it. Years ago I saw a lady at my health club putting on Adrienne makeup in those jumbo size compacts. Other than that, nada.
Honored Contributor

Up until Shark Tank, sooooooo many of my people had no idea what QVC was. To them QVC/HSN/infomercials were one of the same.

Super Contributor

I have never said that I bought something from a shopping channel. I just say I bought it on line....I might lie and say Macys....shopping channels are frowned apron by many. Not me, but many of my friends. I would rather not "hear about it" and white lie.