Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have trouble letting go of clothing items?

No. I have been donating pretty much all of my wardrobe. I've lost 70 lbs this past year and all I see in my old clothig is my sadness at the times I wore them. I was miserable being bigger.

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

Just the sweater I wore to the doctor's office the day I was diagnosed with cancer.  It was my favorite sweater.  I never wore it again.  

Honored Contributor

@DrakesMomma wrote:

Just the sweater I wore to the doctor's office the day I was diagnosed with cancer.  It was my favorite sweater.  I never wore it again.  

@DrakesMomma 

that's awful! I truly hope you caught it in time!

Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo  -  It was staged at 2A1.  This November it will be 22 years since the diagnosis.  I'm doing ok.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@DrakesMomma wrote:

@Andreatoo  -  It was staged at 2A1.  This November it will be 22 years since the diagnosis.  I'm doing ok.  Smiley Wink

@DrakesMomma 

relieved to hear it!

Esteemed Contributor

I have several beautiful dresses by Vicky Tiel that I will NEVER donate.😁 The remainder of my wardrobe I can easily part with, because I love to shop, but do not like an overabundance of clothes. I generally donate several times per year.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

I have a lot of trouble letting go. I keep sizes, 6,8,10,12 and 14 in my closet. I am now losing weight and down to an 8 now from a 12.

But, who knows if I will be able to maintain at size 6? I have lost weight before, and slowly but surely went up, up, up again. This time I feel I will maintain, but I thought that before and look what happened lol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Flatbush wrote:

I have a lot of trouble letting go. I keep sizes, 6,8,10,12 and 14 in my closet. I am now losing weight and down to an 8 now from a 12.

But, who knows if I will be able to maintain at size 6? I have lost weight before, and slowly but surely went up, up, up again. This time I feel I will maintain, but I thought that before and look what happened lol.

@Flatbush   I know DH & I have no intention of ever gaining weight ever again. We feel fantastic now with our new lifestyle. We were miserable being overweight. Keeping clothes that are too big are only taking up prime real estate in our closets & drawers for clothes that fit with our new life. Honestly, it's just bad memories of having them around. I can't wait to get rid of them as more clothes continue to become too big. I am quite confident I will reach a size 6 and maintain it the rest of my life.

I have gone on so called 'diets' in the past only to gain the weight back. This time it is different and permanent...it is a 'lifestyle' change for the rest of our lives...not a 'diet'.

I wish you well and hope you maintain your weight loss Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

For me it's St John Blazers......

They are out of style and worth nothing on EBay.

But I keep thinking they will reappear soon and I'll be so smart hanging on to them. 

Honored Contributor

Yes. One of my friends from a while back said she'd never met anyone before who was sentimental about her clothes. Smiley LOL