Super Contributor

Re: Do you have - or do you plan to have - the current ""in style"" motorcycle jacket?

No, I don't own one. I'm very picky about jackets. I half-heartedly looked for one last year, but didn't find anything I liked enough to own.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have - or do you plan to have - the current ""in style"" motorcycle jacket?

DH and I own a Harley so I own a true motorcycle jacket.

Truth be told, I'm a wimp and rarely if ever ride when it gets cold enough that I need such a coat.

Wearing a moto jacket as part of fashion isn't my style.

Trusted Contributor

They are cute, but no. It is a fad so I don't wish to spend my money on leather fads, which is expensive. I will just use my two classic style leather jackets again. If I buy a fashion item that is a fad I will purchase something less expensive such as a top. Just my opinion on fads.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/11/2014 LipstickDiva said:

DH and I own a Harley so I own a true motorcycle jacket.

Truth be told, I'm a wimp and rarely if ever ride when it gets cold enough that I need such a coat.

Wearing a moto jacket as part of fashion isn't my style.

During my halcyon days of years gone by, I bought a true Harley leather jacket, too. I still have it but I don't go near a motorcycle now. I did love riding, though, in my "what was I thinking" days.

Super Contributor

This is not a passing ""trend""........its the real sustainable fashion.......shorter real leather with zipper detail and epaulets on shoulders.....SOOOOO COOL.......LUV LUV LUV THEM....I have been looking for a close copy of the beautiful but expensive Mark Jacobs one....FAB......and I am not so young..........!!!!

Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 Sue in Houston said:

This is not a passing "trend"........its the real sustainable fashion.......shorter real leather with zipper detail and epaulets on shoulders.....SOOOOO COOL.......LUV LUV LUV THEM....I have been looking for a close copy of the beautiful but expensive Mark Jacobs one....FAB......and I am not so young..........!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I've been lusting after that Jacobs one too. And I agree. It's been around for years. First created in the late 1940's. It's an "attitude" fashion (like the tight skinny jean) Not for every woman. But if you can wear it, it's great.

Esteemed Contributor

I want one that looks like the moto jacket from B Republic. Essentially a gray moto. Was hoping for a ponte version and not leather so I could wear w/ skirts and a boot.

Last time I got my backside on a motorcycle I was around 22 and in love w/ some 'wild' guy.

Okay, actually he just graduated as an engineer and could only afford a motorcycle because he was going to go to grad school to become an architect. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Banana Republic Boiled Wool M…

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

No, I don't care for the look of them.

Respected Contributor

On 9/11/2014 karlam said:

On September 16th Dennis Basso is going to have a washable suede motorcycle jacket as his TSV.

OMG- years ago I purchased 'washable suede' gloves form Q. HORRIBLE! Without washing the fabric wore off to a shiny patch and I threw them out. I'll take real suede , thanks!

Honored Contributor

I purchased a gray leather moto jacket from Neiman's 3 or 4 years ago. Love that jacket. They are not going anywhere soon.