Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have - or do you plan to have - the current ""in style"" motorcycle jacket?

I really like several of them but they are all shorter than I am comfortable with, plus the sleeves would be too long probably.
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have - or do you plan to have - the current ""in style"" motorcycle jacket?

On 9/11/2014 SoX said:

Congratulations ... You're a bikerbabe and didn't even know it! Welcome to the club (a secret handshake ensues)

Thanks for the welcome SoX! I'll work hard to learn that handshake!

Trusted Contributor

I still have my old motorcycle jacket from years ago when I used to ride...yes...I really did ride a motorcycle at one time. lol... The jacket is still in fantastic condition and it actually does still fit. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} It has really cool zippers and it's my understanding that zippers are a big trend this year. Of course, I also love wearing blazers.Smile

Member Since 11/20/2008
Valued Contributor

On 9/11/2014 kate2357 said:

I want one that looks like the moto jacket from B Republic. Essentially a gray moto. Was hoping for a ponte version and not leather so I could wear w/ skirts and a boot.

Last time I got my backside on a motorcycle I was around 22 and in love w/ some 'wild' guy.

Okay, actually he just graduated as an engineer and could only afford a motorcycle because he was going to go to grad school to become an architect. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Banana Republic Boiled Wool M…

I have a ponte one in charcoal gray that I got several years ago. Nice that I can wear it to work with pencil skirts.

Esteemed Contributor

Moto jackets were just coming around when I was trying to reinvent my look to something softer and more feminine, so I wasn't interested back then. Today I feel the marketplace has gotten too saturated with this look for me to be interested.

Trusted Contributor

IMAN recently had the most gorgeous , couture , mid thigh length jacket ever made , -for people who could actually afford it. I bought 3 , black of course, plum, bright navy and then went back for the red. It covered the body all the way to the thigh, something much appreciated by someone who's a plus size. As opposed of course to the midriff length GILI and most of QVC's other motos. It was leather with ponte under the arms and down the sides, adding comfort as well as runway style. The knit at the top could bee worn in several ways, collar up. Folded over, opened wide in true moto style wide lapel. It is fabulous. That bit with the movie star's AADD wife whatshername, and her preference for cheap pleather and her insult to all of the Native Americans' beautifully hand crafted ponchos was hard to watch. Where the real leather's gone I don't know . Just because they sell it with an overabundance of hype doesn't make plastic morph into leather and what's up with the pleather front, polyester back pants? I'm searching for Kenneth Cole and Michael Kors right now, for a butt covering, stylish moto jacket like the ones I've seen from Paris and Milan. Since Mackie won't bail us out. And what happened to the new designers? The winners of the tv competitions? What's up with Denim & Co forgetting who buys their clothes? Just because LR can wear an above the waist, skin tight fake leather motto doesn't mean I want one. I don't walk the streets for a living and the women I've seen who do have better taste.
Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 SoX said:
On 9/11/2014 LipstickDiva said:

DH and I own a Harley so I own a true motorcycle jacket.

Truth be told, I'm a wimp and rarely if ever ride when it gets cold enough that I need such a coat.

Wearing a moto jacket as part of fashion isn't my style.

During my halcyon days of years gone by, I bought a true Harley leather jacket, too. I still have it but I don't go near a motorcycle now. I did love riding, though, in my "what was I thinking" days.

Honestly the older I get the more nervous I get about riding.

I keep thinking that if something happened to us, my dogs would be alone and wondering what happened. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Honored Contributor

I think the basic jackets are pretty classic in style though the details may be changed a bit to make them ""trendy"" and to inspire women to buy more of them.

Regular Contributor

I bought a faux leather one from Top Shop. I spent some time trying on vintage women moto jackets. Most were from England. If I wear the faux one I'll splurge on a gorgeous vintage jacket. I think it is a good look for most women.
Super Contributor

My problem is (well ONE of them) that I'm 66 yrs old with ever widening midsection, and I still have the mind of my younger more shapely self. I'm doomed. I'm sure I'll get one of the 'dreaded Q letters' about too many returns. Lately most of what I order is returned,,,,sizes are so non -consistent and just don't work (and not only around my middle). guess I just 'need to grow up'. I'm still with Peter Pan.