Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you have clothing items that you wear for a purpose other than the intended one?

I have a couple of long sleeve tunic tops with sharkbite hems that I've decided to wear as PJ tops as they are made of a thin rayon knit.

i also have a pretty deep V neck babydoll ITY jersey long sleeve tunic that was sold as lingerie but I pair it over a black camisole and I wear it as a top as the print is red roses on a black background.

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have clothing items that you wear for a purpose other than the intended one?

In the summer I live in my swimsuits around the house. I know, it's weird, but I've done for as long as i can remember.

I also have a couple long baby doll cami tips with ruffles. They are pjs but I've been known to throw on capris for a quick trip to the store.
Valued Contributor

I have bought pj tops at Target, and worn them out as shirts.

Frequent Contributor

I had a pair of flowy wide legged, drawstring black and white pants that I wore for years as summer weekend wear -- around the house and neighborhood as well as going on errands, etc. I was folding wash and these 'pants' were inside out and I noticed the tag indicated: SLEEPWEAR. Ooops.

Honored Contributor

As I have frequent doctor/clinic/hospital visits with lots of testing, I wear my Linea Leisure Wear as street clothing to the hospital or clinic.  I often wear the hoodie jacket and no bra under the tank or a wireless bra under the hoodie depending on weather and how closely I will be parking to the clinic,so that I don't have to take items off and on so frequently.  I have quit wearing my diamond pendant or expensive earrings as they became a loss risk (taking off and putting, particulary when sedated).  So the LDO leisure wear has become leisure clothing for medical visits.  I do sometimes wear them to the grocer but more often than not, dress for the grocer in slacks or leggings.

Honored Contributor

I have a dress I throw on when I'm doing laundry. I live in a condominium and walking to the laundry room in my underwear ( or naked) probably would scare the neighbors lol