Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have clothes you just can't part with?

Whatever makes us happy. Heart  Our closets, our clothes.  Can't take away good memories. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

For years, I hung on to a pink mohair sweater with beading.  They were popular in the 80s, and I LOVED this sweater.  I kept it because I LOVED it so much, but did not wear it - it was very dated.

I finally threw it away.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

There are a couple of things that I can't part with.  I have chocolate brown leather jacket in the back of my closet.  I bought it years and years ago when I was at my smallest and I haven't been able to wear it in years but I can't part with it.  It's buttery soft leather.  I'm dieting again and I hope it fits next Spring.  Ditto for a trench coat that own.  Pearl gray with white polka dots.  Really cinches in my waist.  I hope to get back into that next spring too.  

Esteemed Contributor

@forest4thetrees ~ that's a lovely idea, but I doubt I'll ever do it.  I'd rather keep that yellow jacket, and the CSI t-shirt, the Laguna sweatshirt, the white dress I wore to the Tony Bennet concert...  the list goes on, unfortunately. 

Thanks for all your stories - I enjoy reading why you keep things. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

All vests:  Denim, corduroy, suede, outerwear type of nylon, knit, fleece, etc.  For whatever reason, vests seem to always be in style.  All lengths, but my old vests are short to medium length.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I have a jean jacket I've had for at least 20-25 years.  Its been washed so many times that is a very faded blue, but still in excellent shape, the fabric hasn't worn out all, and I still wear it.  It will probably outlive me.  I think it was made by Bill Blass.

Honored Contributor

Well, I purged over the past 2 weeks and I still need to go back through and send some more out.  But it was amazing how much I got rid of.  I was so proud of myself. I did not think I could part with some of them but I did.  Funny thing.  I had to show one of the ladies at the Salvation Army one of the suits (St John) that I had a hard time parting with and tell her the story of it.  It was that hard to let go.  And I am sure she was bored to death with the story but she was nice and indulged my storytelling.  

Honored Contributor

No. I don't have emotional attachments to clothing. If I'm not going to wear them they get kicked out.

Contributor

I have a sports coat that belonged to my Dad.Heart 

Honored Contributor

@maggiemuggs

@Trinity

@Lipstickdiva

I'm with you 3 on this. Other than my wedding dress I have no sentimental attachment to clothes. To be honest I could probably get rid of it too and feel no pain. After all I have plenty pictures of me wearing it.  I don't keep anything I don't wear.