Honored Contributor

Do you get "dressed up" for Easter?

At our church we tend to wear our spring finery for Easter services. Sometimes I buy something new but the last few years I shop my closet instead. 

My SIL was saying she misses getting dressed up for Easter but at their church they don't anymore. They dress casually for church every Sunday including Christmas & Easter. I would really have to get used to going to church in capris and a t shirt and sandals. She said they started doing this to attract younger people to come to church and it worked well.

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you get "dressed up" for Easter?

It looks like any other Sunday at church.

Respected Contributor

No. Easter services are on the beach at sunrise. That usually calls for a sweatshirt and running tights. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Highlighted
Super Contributor

One of my pet peeves is how some people dress for church these days.  I often see teens and young adults in nylon basketball shorts, cut-off denim shorts, etc.  And some of the adults too. 

Honored Contributor

I enjoy seeing people all dressed up but I think at times it can become a competition.I like the feeling that you can come as you are as I think it is more inclusive.We go for the fellowship and message anyway and not the Who wore what.

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 That must be beautiful.I would love to attend.

Trusted Contributor

No , we dress normal.  We used to when the girls were little.

Now we run all day, so its not comfortable. 

No real big bonnets or patten leather shoes anymore.

Miss those days.

@151949, sounds just lovely.  Enjoy and have a super Easter...such a Blessed day Easter is !!!!! 

Honored Contributor

Not now, we did when the kids were little.  It also seems to me like Easter came later then and it would be spring when Easter came.  Now it's usually too cold to break out the spring finery.  I see kids and they have their winter coats over their spring dresses.  

Valued Contributor

No, not like I used to do with new clothes, spring coat and a hat....guess that gives away my age.

However, I always buy a new blouse in spring colors and wear with dress pants

I buy my grand daughter a special dress and my grandson a new shirt and pants.

Church is more casual now...some in jeans and shorts (in the summer) but think it is going to Mass that counts

Honored Contributor

No, it's like any other Sunday. Some people are working in the kitchen between services so it wouldn't make sense to be in suits and chiffon.