Respected Contributor

Re: Do you find yourself buying too much of one color

[ Edited ]

@jeanlake Did you learn color organization from Beauty Control?? Years ago, I wore BC & they had a video for each season. I am also "winter". My closet is also organized by color & I have the same as you. I won't buy anything that isn't in my winter shades.  I have lots of teal/turq. 

99% of my clothing ties back to black. I used to never wear white, for fear of spilling something on me. Awhile back I wore white to an outing with classmates. Of course, we took pics & I was surprised white looked pretty good on me, so I've added a couple of whites, but still not a huge fan (the spillage thing).

Honored Contributor

I only wear certain colors ... one can never have too much black, or many shades of white.

Other colors - I might buy one or two pieces.

Honored Contributor

I tend to lean toward lavender and blue but I buy other colors too.  The only color that does not turn me on is red.  I don't why but I try to steer clear of it.

Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1wrote:

I tend to lean toward lavender and blue but I buy other colors too.  The only color that does not turn me on is red.  I don't why but I try to steer clear of it.

Cat Very Happy

I don't like red either.  

Honored Contributor

After reading everyones post ,I bought another blue top. I guess I am in good company

Trusted Contributor

Black!  Tan and taupe to go with sometimes.  Mostly just black top and bottom or a dress.  We were getting dressed to go out somewhere and put on my one plum dress.  My husband thanked me for not wearing black.  

Honored Contributor

I have too many blue tops, particularly navy. I have a hard time resisting them. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

I've been guilty of this lately, but it seems like everything I really like ,only comes in blue

I thought the big color this year is the violet family? I haven't seen a lot of this color ,yet

I do it, makes it easy to match. 

I lean toward blues & greens

Honored Contributor

I find I'm often powerless to resist garments in turquoise, other things too.  I couldnt count the shirts and pants I have in turquoise in addition to kitchen appliances, linens, pillows, handbags, shoes, even the trim on my house.  Then I have to match shades of the color, buying blue turquoise shades and green.  You'd think id get sick of it after years of this, I still going strong.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Various shades of blue and green.  Most of my nighties are pink.