Respected Contributor

Re: Do you ever wear gloves or a hat?

Yes....hat is a necessary accessory.

Image result for woman wearing hat in convertible

Honored Contributor

I should be wearing a sun hat but I don't. I've been looking at some online, I like the fedoras that Duchess Meghan wears. It's tough for me because I have a big head and thick hair. I found a wide brim straw hat that I liked, the reviews said it fit larger heads. But I forgot to bookmark it.

I love dress hats, wish I had an occasion to wear one. I like fascinators too, as long as they're not too crazy looking.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

We watch some of the old Perry Masons and all of the women wear gloves and hats. When I was a kid I would wear gloves to church. In some of the old etiquette books there are specific rules about gloves.

Respected Contributor

As an accessory? Never. I wear them only when necessary in the winter. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

When I was little (in the sixties), we used to wear hats and gloves to church.  I haven't worn a hat or gloves since, with the exception of sun hats and winter hats.  I like baseball caps on others but they don't suit me.

Respected Contributor

Several yrs. ago, I wore a large floppy hat to a funeral (also all dressed up). I never thought about hugging people, but each time someone hugged me, I had to hold me hat, to keep from being knocked off. I think people looks so cute is caps & hats, but I feel self conscious wearing anything on my head. I bought a big sun-hat to wear to sports events this yr. Have not worn it once. 

Respected Contributor

Only hats I ever wear are baseball caps!! Gloves...well, only in winter. LOL

Honored Contributor

I only  wear a SPF hat when outside walking or gardening... and driving gloves in the car with SPF factor to keep my hands spot free and free from damage.  Other than those I never wear a hat or gloves.  

Trusted Contributor

I only wear a hat in the sun.  Never a baseball cap.  It took years before I became comfortable wearing a Sun hat but now it stays in my car all the time.

Honored Contributor

Not unless I need them for the sun or winter weather.