Respected Contributor

Re: Do you ever wear gloves or a hat?

Not counting gardening gloves to protect my hands, I love wearing my long gloves for dress up times. I have several pairs in all colors for different outfits, but my favorites are the black and white. Used to wear hats a lot, especially to church back when it was the style. Here are a couple examples.

Belle of the ball.jpg2017Tea.jpg

Honored Contributor

I used to as a child....under protest!

Gloves aren't all that bad, but hats are ridiculous. They really serve no purpose but to make you feel and look stupid wearing them.  They also give me a headache and never fit me right.

My head is small and hats have had to be stuffed with tissue to keep them from falling into my eyes.

i rarely wear a hat even when it is cold and snowing outside....I hate them that much. ( my father did too...they gave him a headache)

Honored Contributor

When you live in Florida you quickly learn to wear a large brimmed hat to get the sun out of your eyes and off your face. Of course at the beach or pool but also if your out shopping or walking around you need to wear a hat.I used to wear just a baseball cap to the pool but the instructors would nag me about getting a large brimmed hat , and, of course, they were right.

However, due to heavy facial sunscreen and the hat - the rest of me is very tanned but my face is not. I think it looks odd , my DH says he never noticed. 

Honored Contributor

Sometimes baseball caps, but only winter gloves.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

playing golf

hat 

glove on both hands

sleeves to keep my arms  protected

hat I am for the day during the summer to keep sun off face

Honored Contributor

No, only for warmth in winter if I will be out shoveling snow for an extended period of time.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

In this day and age why?  They wouldn't go well with my jeans.  I never liked hats and when I was little was always forced to wear one to church since a hat was required and even gloves with my Easter outfits!!  I just do not like accessories of any kind!

Perfect answer. They also don’t go well with my shorts and flip flops. I think they last time I had gloves on was 12 years ago on my cruise to Alaska. Gardening gloves yes because I hate bugs and things that stick you, hats, never. Not even a baseball hat. Hate having hat hair when i take it off. 

Honored Contributor

1538CEAC-F517-49AC-BA48-700903562D99.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear both hats and gloves in the Winter months. The only time I wore dressy hats was a few weddings and my children's graduation, Holy Communion and Confirmation. I wore berets in the 60's and 70's with my wool coats...I have always loved hats and my husband encourages me to wear them more often.

Respected Contributor

I've tried on a few fashionable hats that I liked and was tempted to buy, but didn't think I'd get enough use out of them to justify the purchase.  I will wear a hat (or wide brim) on occasion to protect me from the sun, but not often.  One thing that always kept me from wearing hats was hat hair!  Not a good look on me.  LOL  

I didn't even wear hats when I lived in a cold climate, opting for ear muffs instead.  They kept me warmer, and didn't give me hat head!