Honored Contributor

Do you ever wear gloves or a hat?

Jackie Kennedy always seemed to dress up in gloves.  Hats were worn often way back when.

I know there's the Kentucky Derby and the royal's weddings where I see hats.  I don't mean the keep warm gear type hats, but fancy ones.  

Have you ever noticed how often the dressier others dress, that pearls stand out at those times.  

What do you think?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever wear gloves or a hat?

I'm not a hat wearer at all.  Even when I was younger, early 20's and tried to look cute in a baseball cap, I looked atrocious.  I just don't have the head for hats.

Gloves?  Like formal gloves?  No way.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

In this day and age why?  They wouldn't go well with my jeans.  I never liked hats and when I was little was always forced to wear one to church since a hat was required and even gloves with my Easter outfits!!  I just do not like accessories of any kind!

Super Contributor

Gloves, never.  Hats - all the time.  I wear hats for sun protection, but I also have some that are for wear with dresses and more suitable for things like weddings, church, etc. I am so fair and burn so easily wearing hats is a necessity for me.  When I first started wearing hats probably about 25+ years ago, I did not necessarily feel comfortable,  but I kept at it until I felt comfortable and confident.  Now I don't even really think twice about it.  Any time I am outdoors other than walking from a building to my car, I have some sort of hat on.

Honored Contributor

Never for formal wear.  

However I'm going to the beach today and will bring a baseball cap along to keep the sun out of my eyes even though it really doen't look so great.  I also have a basket full of cute gloves that I wear when it gets really cold.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank goodness we don’t wear them now! I have too many things to carry now as it is (iPhone. iPad, handbag, keys, work bag, etc).

Respected Contributor

No hats--ever.

I wear gloves if I need to get a load of snow off the car.

Valued Contributor

When I was a kid I wore both a hat and white gloves to church every Sunday. That was always when you were dressed up. Somewhere I still have a pair or two of those white gloves. It seems like That went away sometime around the time of the Kennedy's. When the President was inagurated he always wore a top hat, and Kennedy hated hats, so he carried his hat. I think he was the last one to have a top hat. I hated anything on my head,even in the winter, so my Mother quit insisting on it after awhile. Now the only time I wear a hat is if the wasps build near my backdoor, I put on a baseball cap to get out until I can spray the wasp nest. Today if I wear either gloves or a hat it's really cold out. No gloves or hat for me.

Honored Contributor

I wear a hat for sun protection and, in winter, for warmth. Never worn a hat just as an accessory. I don't wear gloves. I wear hand warmers or mittens.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear gloves and a hat in the winter only.