Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you ever watch shows just to see the vendor - even if you don't buy a lot of the items she/he sells?

Sure. I watch a lot of cooking shows and don't do a lot of cooking at home. I particularly enjoy "In the Kitchen," vendors Mark Charles Miscelli, and Meridith Lawrence. I can't wear much of anything from QVC so watching the fashion shows is an exercise of watching particular vendors. I can learn watching someone like George Simonton for an hour, even if his clothes don't fit me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you ever watch shows just to see the vendor - even if you don't buy a lot of the items she/he sells?

I love Valerie. I do buy, but I will watch whether I am buying or not
Honored Contributor

For me to 'just watch' would be Michael Dawkins. He is SO unbelievably handsome, SO easy on the eyes, he COULD sell me swamp land in Florida, just saying!!!

Respected Contributor

I watch the Jackie Kennedy shows but don't buy any thing. I just like to see the photos and hear the stories and history of the pieces being shown.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

I watch the Jackie Kennedy shows just to hear the tales, Cottage Farms, Roberta's & D&B. I never buy a thing.

Frequent Contributor

I LOVE listening to the man who sells Cottage Farms--Philip something, I believe. Love his accent! It's so melodious. I have never purchased any flowers.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/31/2014 upsidedown said:

I used to watch the Kirk's Follies ladies; one sprinkled fairy dust and they were always dressed up in elaborate costumes; they seemed to be having a genuinely great time!

Yes, me too!

Honored Contributor

Not so much the vendor, but occasionally I'll DVR a product line in which I might have an interest, even if I have no intention of shopping. There are also a few regular shows I might occasionally DVR if I won't be home to watch just on the off chance something shows up I might find interesting.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I love Phillip from Cottage Farms...and I used to watch Christopher Radko back in the day when he sold his ornies on QVC.

Anyone else.....no.

Trusted Contributor

I buy very, very little from QVC or other shopping channels, so what little watching I do is for entertainment. I certainly don't DVR anything, but I do enjoy some of the fashion, jewelry, and home décor presentations. Or sometimes when I'm bored with what's on TV I'll flip through the channels and land on QVC or HSN. Even though I'm usually not buying, it's fun to see the way things are styled and staged, to hear the interaction between hosts, guests, and callers, and to chuckle at the sales spiels, gaffes, and personalities. I enjoy watching George Simonton, Louis Del'Olio, Joan Rivers, Barbara Bixby, Valerie Parr Hill, and sometimes others. I have always found shopping TV a fascinating cultural phenomenon and a fun diversion........but I SHOP where I truly get the most for my money. Usually NOT here.