Valued Contributor

Re: Do you ever stash clothes you buy from the Q and don't remember you bought them

Groucho......i have beach pants that have never seen the beach!!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you ever stash clothes you buy from the Q and don't remember you bought them

Never. Even off season items that I plan to store until the appropriate weather I try on at the earliest time I have on the right undergarments . 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@silkyk wrote:

DH made me a little sign (at my request) that says in big letters "SHOP YOUR CLOSET FIRST".....it has saved me (and DH) LOTS of money. It seems like I usually have an item just like the one I'm looking to buy because I like that style and already have lots of it. The sign works.

My daughter is getting married this year and there will be a few parties that I'm going need to get dressed up for.

I just gained almost 20 pounds (which is okay, I needed to), so nothing I have in the closet fits.  

Last year I bought a lace dress, had no where to wear it but I liked it and wanted it.

When I got it, I tried it on and really didn't like the look of it, the fit or the color and just hung it up.  

Last night I was going through the closet and decided to give it another try.  What a difference all those pounds made, it looked smashing! 

That's one less dress I'm going to have to buy!