Honored Contributor

Re: Do you do this at B&M stores?

@TY wrote:

@house_cat

Yup, I like browsing and window shopping in person and if I like something I may take a photo of it like shoes so I can find it online and see what it sells for in the U.S.

In Canada Hudson's Bay has price disparities online and in store. They don't even price match themselves. I recently bought an INC International Concepts top that in store was on sale for $23 but it was about $35 online still.

@TY,A lot of stores won't price match their on line stores.  I only know one, and that's Belk.

Trusted Contributor

First of all all B&M stores are not going out of business.  Due to

shopping online they don't need as many stores but they are still making 

hundreds of millions online.  I actually prefer to go to the store and try

things on, see them in person , try different sizes etc.  I buy while I am there

and if I decide that I want what I just purchased at the store in another

color, then I will order that online when the time comes.  Also remember there are no 

shipping costs when buying while at the store.  When it comes to shoes,

i want to try them on because every brand and every style fits differently. 

Also I want to feel if it is comfortable or not.

Honored Contributor

I buy  on line. I much prefer it. I stick with brands I know ,will fit me, I shop sales and save a lot of money

It is so much easier. I done all of the store shopping I care to, in my lifetime. This is so much easier. I can look at garment sizing and not have to try things on.

When you are a petite  it can be a pain to shop, and  there isn't a lot of variety.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to spend the day at our Mall with my Girlfriends... stopping for lunch at an actaul resturaunt IN the mall....not  at the Food Court. It was fun and I always came home with clothes, jewelry, make-up and things for the house.

I miss that....the Mall isn't what it was 20 yrs ago..

Honored Contributor

That would never work for me because I shop online because I can't stand the idea of wandering around b&m stores looking for merchandise they don't have.  Doing that would just my time and frustrate me.  It's easier to just start out online, where there are thousands of available items available.  I like Lord & Taylor and Bloomingdales but I haven't been into any of their stores in a couple of years.  I just show their websites.  There are always discounts online that are not available in the stores and on top of that, when you shop online, they send you special discounts.  The more you shop online, the more discounts you get.  

Honored Contributor

My Macy's has exactly 4 fitting rooms. They have closed off or turned into storage all of the others.  They also stock mostly their own store brands and then only 1-2 colors of anything more than $30.  I shop Macy's mainly online and go to the store to return.  I will occasionally see something like a DKNY top that looks promising and will buy it in 2 sizes and take it home to try on and then go online to see what other colors it comes in and anything else in the line that the store doesn't carry.

At Stein Mart, I generally always have to go home and order size and colors online.

My closest Nordstrom has closed, but they only stocked their house brands, so I generally ordered online and returned in the store because there is also a Lord & Taylor in that mall and I can always get my size and colors there.

At Talbots, it seems everything I like is "online only" and they don't carry the Charming Shells in store, so if I want the matching shell, I have to order it online.

Retail is crazy these days.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I don't understand why someone would not just buy it at the store if you are already there. If you try it on at the store, you would know it fits you without returns. Exception might be if they don't have your size/color or you were undecided. Please tell me why you order online in this situation.

@chessylady, she did say that they rarely have her size or preferred color in the store.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@TY wrote:

@house_cat

Yup, I like browsing and window shopping in person and if I like something I may take a photo of it like shoes so I can find it online and see what it sells for in the U.S.

In Canada Hudson's Bay has price disparities online and in store. They don't even price match themselves. I recently bought an INC International Concepts top that in store was on sale for $23 but it was about $35 online still.

@TY,A lot of stores won't price match their on line stores.  I only know one, and that's Belk.

@ECBG, Macys will match online prices.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@chessylady

While I personally tend to buy when I see it I do know that often times the on line price is significantly cheaper than the price in the store.  I discovered this a while back at Nordstrom. Saw a beautiful tank for $78! Too much for what it was but when I looked it up online it was 58!

@Andreatoo,Was the price difference during the same time?

@ECBG yes! The same day! I was showing it to a girlfriend

Esteemed Contributor

Nope.  I prefer to shop in a store, not online. If it's not at the store, then I can live without it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt