Super Contributor

Re: Do you do FaceBook?? Your thoughts?

I've been on FB for a couple of years. I use it mainly for family contact, news from sources w/o MSM filters, organizations I'm interested in.

And - special interest groups. The groups are great. We are all over the world and have a special connection ... it's great to be able to share information, photos, news articles pertaining to our interest and info from academic/scientific journals.

School groups ... my grammar school and high school have groups. Another special connection.

Favorite vendor/manufacturers ... some great deals that are advertised via FB. And ... lots of freebies!

Friends ... over the years we've all moved around the country. FB has been an ideal way to maintain contact. Easier than email. Post something on a friend's wall or your own wall for them to see.

Lastly ... Lori, Renee and Susan from QVC. Fun to see what they are doing.

Respected Contributor

On 10/26/2014 TrailBlazer05 said:

I personally don't have a FB account but I do however visit hosts' pages from time to time or retail stores FB pages to see of any upcoming deals etc… My question is what do you think of it? Sometimes I think it's great and a nice way for family & friends to keep in touch with one another and other times it just seems like a fantasy world to some people. They can be whatever they portray themselves to be behind a computer. I've also heard people reference FB and say BragBook, LOL. It does seem like that from time to time too. HaHa…..

I must say some hosts post very nice things while others are obsessed with posting their every move and loads of selfies. That's when FB can look a bit narcissistic to me. I think LR is one of those people who posts endless pics of herself. It's crazy. There's one tonight on there with her supposedly choosing an outfit for tonight's GILI kickoff TSV and wanted to display as much attitude as possible (her words) because she's nervous. Somehow with her poise she displays on-air it never comes across as she's nervous but maybe she can still be that way after all these years? Who knows? But it does make me wonder if that was really the case or she just wanted to show herself off once again. Her outfit is FIERCE! She looks exceptional! But shouldn't she be more concerned the highlight at midnight is her GILI TSV bags and not her outfit??

FB is very entertaining. Lots of people's true colors sure come out on there. Smile

I know what you mean about LR posting pics of herself. It's a bit much. She's like that on air also.

Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 sashamatthews said:

I am using it, reluctantly, because my internet friends don't really use email or post on our internet group site anymore, so the only way I can stay in touch with them is on FB. My biggest problem with it is people I have "friended" who forward items with offensive language or subjects. I delete those items as soon as I can, and then tell the people who posted them not to send such things to me in the future.

Sasha I had that problem with some family members and I ended up blocking them so I can no longer see their postings at all.

Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 TrailBlazer05 said:

I personally don't have a FB account but I do however visit hosts' pages from time to time or retail stores FB pages to see of any upcoming deals etc… My question is what do you think of it? Sometimes I think it's great and a nice way for family & friends to keep in touch with one another and other times it just seems like a fantasy world to some people. They can be whatever they portray themselves to be behind a computer. I've also heard people reference FB and say BragBook, LOL. It does seem like that from time to time too. HaHa…..

I must say some hosts post very nice things while others are obsessed with posting their every move and loads of selfies. That's when FB can look a bit narcissistic to me. I think LR is one of those people who posts endless pics of herself. It's crazy. There's one tonight on there with her supposedly choosing an outfit for tonight's GILI kickoff TSV and wanted to display as much attitude as possible (her words) because she's nervous. Somehow with her poise she displays on-air it never comes across as she's nervous but maybe she can still be that way after all these years? Who knows? But it does make me wonder if that was really the case or she just wanted to show herself off once again. Her outfit is FIERCE! She looks exceptional! But shouldn't she be more concerned the highlight at midnight is her GILI TSV bags and not her outfit??

FB is very entertaining. Lots of people's true colors sure come out on there. Smile

Oh, Good grief ......... {#emotions_dlg.crying}

It's pretty obvious you don't actually care what others think about Facebook .... your thread was started just to bash Lisa.

For crying out loud, if you don't like her, then DON'T GO TO HER FACEBOOK PAGE! What is your problem? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

And, for the record, just how many pictures posted are "too many"? Six? Twelve? Four Hundred and Thirty Seven? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Valued Contributor

Yes, I FB only to "check to ensure family & friends are okay" and "Like" posts ... I do not:

1. Tell people when I am on vacation (so my house can be robbed).

2. Have my birthday listed (Identity thieves can piece all of your info together!)

3. Post numerous photos (new employers use FB to check on your "professionalism").

Super Contributor

My friends hounded me for ages to get on Facebook so finally I did and they haven't sent or posted one thing they couldn't have sent to my regular email or texted to me. One friend forwards so many Facebook posts to me, it's practically a full time job to read them. I get sent goofy cartoons or political rants. I put the occasional picture on, maybe twice a year, but that's about it. I don't want people to know where I am every single second. Then there's the all the people fighting on Facebook spewing out in anger, I always wonder if people regret it. It's weird that people hop on the Internet right in the middle of an argument to tell the world about their awful mother, etc, No one seems to have an ounce of restraint to keep anything private. It's weird to me. Parents can't even talk freely in their house lest their kids immediately relate their private conversation or argument to the world. There is literally no boundaries between public and private for many people, it's become very strange.
Trusted Contributor

It's become a very important tool for the very self obsessed society we have become.

Obviously I don't have an account. If you want to get in touch with me call, text, or send an email. If you don't have that information on me to contact me, then you truly aren't my friend and I have no interest.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I am on Facebook and I love it!

Honored Contributor

My younger daughter insisted that it was time I joined the modern world and she set up a FB page for me. I haven't scanned in my picture and I haven't put all my most private and personal info. I don't visit often. Mostly it's just there so when someone I'm close to says, the pics of the son's wedding are up on FB...I can take a look. Truly, I don't know where people get the time for it. I have one cousin who I was very close to we were bff's when we were in our teens and 20's and we've reconnected on FB. But I sort of regret being "friends" with her. I swear! She lives on FB. Somehow, it's set up that when someone posts something, I get a text msg on my phone. My cousin posts to FB about 30 times a day. All sorts of garbage stuff. Anything and everything that enters her mind goes on FB. And she isn't the only one. I really don't understand the FB attraction. I don't follow any shopping channel hosts but I admit I do follow Lisa Robertson's newer "non QVC" page. Only because I'm curious about what her next venture will be. I myself, never put anything up on FB.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I love Facebook.

I can see all my friends and relatives and grandkids/great grankids there .Some live very far away.

I can also see things I am interested in. Like animal welfare/lost and found animals and Maltese groups and more.

I do not follow QVC on FB ,but I am 'friends with Josie Maran, and Robert Lee Morris who BTW are very real, normal people and are not there selling stuff.

Those who refuse to go on FB, don't know what they are missing.