Super Contributor

Re: Do you do FaceBook?? Your thoughts?

On 10/26/2014 YorkieonmyPillow said:
On 10/26/2014 beach-mom said:

No. I've been tempted, and a lot of people are trying to talk me into it. I may give in eventually, but for right now, I like my privacy! Wink

You can still have your privacy on FB if you set it up right and don't use any Apps or platforms....and don't play any games. You control what is put on your FB.

I have one mostly w/ my relatives and high school friends from overseas-since we are all over the world . My settings are tight and I use a nickname. Yes there is too much junk on it ,food pics ,status location and some showing off but its keeps me in touch and I do get together w/ some lost friends which is really greatSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

So, when you DO finally see someone who has spent pretty much of their time interacting with a computer to read FB instead of with you sharing life experiences, what is left to enjoy sharing?{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Reminds me of those mass Christmas letters! UGH!!!{#emotions_dlg.bored}

Super Contributor

On 10/26/2014 TrailBlazer05 said:
On 10/26/2014 benzgirl said: Well, you made me laugh. DH and I just purchased some cast iron cookware and I have been posting some pics on my FB page of dishes I have come up with. The thing is, there is a little bit of a learning curve to cooking with cast iron. So, I have been pretty proud of some of the dishes I have been able to create. I have developed a little bit of a "following", even thought they are my friends, and they have told me that they look forward to my posts. I'm sure I will 'get over it' and eventually quit posting my food pictures, but for now I am just having a lot of fun learning to cook a whole new way and have enjoyed posting and sharing my creations with friends. Smiley Happy

benzgirl, I think that's great and I see that very different as just ordinary food pics people like to post of anything they may be eating that day. You're learning, your'e creating, your family/friends are enjoying what you post and you also can be sharing your recipes all at the same time and encouraging others to try and replicate something. That sounds like fun. Enjoy your cast iron. It's durable cookware. Smile

Thank you, TrailBlazer. That's exactly what I have been doing - - and I think the reason that my friends are enjoying the posts. In fact, my DIL, who lives out of state proclaimed that she wants a piece of cast iron after seeing how versatile this stuff is. It seems to be making a comeback after being tossed aside for many years. I think most modern cooks think it's very old-fashion - - something they only remember their grandmother having. Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

I enjoy Facebook and find it a very good way to stay in touch with family and friends. It's easy to share news updates, photos, videos, comments, cartoons, prayer requests, and to send greetings for birthdays, anniversaries, and other occasions. New babies, weddings, trips, kids' events: I can see it all. I limit my FB friends to a select group of family members and friends, though. I have a large extended family and friends spread out all over, so it's really nice to be able to check into FB each morning and see what's up with everyone, even if I don't get a chance to see some of them in person often.

You don't have to spend your whole day on FB, or check in any oftener than you care to. I think of it sort of like reading an interactive personal newspaper. I just skim over items I don't find interesting, and you can unfriend or block people who may become obnoxious or post objectionable material.

Honored Contributor

I have a very large extended family - my Dad was one of 16 children and i have 52 first cousins - add to that a brother who has 12 kids who are all adults now and spread all around the country, my stepkids in Europe and the more extended family all over the world and FB provides the means for us all to stay in touch and be a family despite being all scattered about. I think this is wonderful.

I also enjoy keeping in touch with old friends and former co workers who have moved away.

Respected Contributor

I like FB for family and friends. I think Q should not make it mandatory for hosts to have a FB page.
Respected Contributor

I've been on FB for 2 years. I think it can be overwhelming at times but I think it can be whatever you want it to be. I like being able to keep in touch this way with family and friends. And I find out about a lot of local news type stuff thru FB that I wouldn't know about otherwise. I play a few FB games that I really enjoy. I have had to ""unfollow"" some friends for various reasons but all in all I like it a lot. What I really don't understand are people who post pics while away on vacation - announcing to the world that they aren't at home - I don't get that at all.

Honored Contributor

Self Advertising..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

It's a way to keep up with family that live away and friends.

But, honestly, I have a friend I used to work with who posts every time she buys a black tea from Starbucks. Now really!

Honored Contributor

Your OP started off very light and airy, but quickly turned into an anti-Lisa post. If you can't stand looking at her pics on her OTHER FB account, then why are you?????? You're irritating your own self.