Honored Contributor

Do you copy celebrity looks?

I admit that I have been a fashionista practically all my life.  There's a post showing a celebrity in black & White outfit and that grabbed me.  I'll "tweek it" for my life"  I have all the pieces but my trench is pearl gray so I'll do that same outfit in black & gray.  I can pull that look off and I don't have buy anything.  I do that a lot now.  It's fun and I think it keeps me from falling into a fashion rut.  My "rule" is that I can only use pieces I already own. I won't go out and buy something to create the look.  Does anyone else do this?   

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you copy celebrity looks?

NOPE! 

Celebrities copy my look! Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I don't pay attention to celebrity looks!

Respected Contributor

No.  I think generally, celebrities and I move in very different circles, and what might be reasonable for someone in the public eye is not reasonable for me.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

A clever way to remind one to shop the closet.

Respected Contributor

No. It's never occurred to me.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I admit that I have been a fashionista practically all my life.  There's a post showing a celebrity in black & White outfit and that grabbed me.  I'll "tweek it" for my life"  I have all the pieces but my trench is pearl gray so I'll do that same outfit in black & gray.  I can pull that look off and I don't have buy anything.  I do that a lot now.  It's fun and I think it keeps me from falling into a fashion rut.  My "rule" is that I can only use pieces I already own. I won't go out and buy something to create the look.  Does anyone else do this?   

If I see a look I like I will try to reproduce generally using things I already own.  If you're referring to that white coat over the black outfit posted today, I love that look (minus the white combat boots.)  I would buy that coat (or one that looks like it.)

Honored Contributor

The only celebrity I would copy is someone like Mary Berry. I think she always looks good. I would love some of her blouses

Respected Contributor

Maybe not exactly, but I sometimes see a look or how something fits on a celebrity who has a similar figure to mine and use it as inspiration.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Celebrities no, but fashion layouts online and social media -- yes.  I pick up on color combinations, pleasing ways to mix patterns, shoes best for wide crop pants versus ankle length jeans, etc.  By chance, if I come across a celebrity wearing something I like, then yes.  But I do not seek them out for inspiration. 

I love fashion, always have, so I like to get new ideas.