Respected Contributor

Re: Do you copy celebrity looks?

Doris Day’s hairstyle, then Princess Di.

Honored Contributor

In my younger years, I would look in magazines and sometimes buy a dress that was in it.  Now, the clothes are way too expensive and I am retired so I am casual with tops and denim or pants.  I am all about comfort now but I still like to have some style.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you kidding me?  NO!

Hollywood has no fashion sense whatsoever.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

Do I copy celebrity looks? Oh, heck no!  As a matter of fact, when certain so-called celebrities endorse a product or a look, I avoid it like the plague!

Honored Contributor

I have loved fashion since I was about 3 years old.   I often have visions of things I will like in my head, only to find a few months later, that is the color or style that will trend.  But never anything ridiculous, always looks based on my age and state.  

I do not dress trendy nor do I copy others.  I have always had a vision of what would be trending in interior design as well.  However, I never liked post modernism.  I knew it would be there but never wanted to be in tune with it.

I have stated here, I have a sister who is an interior designer (not decorator), a daughter whose business is fashion, a son whose job is architecture (a nephew too) and one sister into freelance landscape design.  Our mother had that flair.  I think it is your genes (jeans too) or not.  I like esthetics, both in clothing and household.

I was never as fastidious and did not adhere to strict rules as my mother and sister did.  I was more eclectic in my dress and home decor.  

Valued Contributor

Never

Honored Contributor

I don't copy the looks, but several times I see celeb (3 of them) wearing my jeans.  Frame and once, a McGuire jeans.  McGuire is a relatively new brand that isn't well known.   The celebs were Kristen Stewart (she wore the same Frame boyfriend jean (Le Garcon).  She wore that in a picture of her and her current girlfriend.  And Carmon Diaz was in one of my McGuire jeans.  And one time Taylor Swift  in a MIH jean. MIH has a leather band on the waist.  That was how I knew. That was a picture in Rolling Stone issue.  But I'm a jean nut.  Always on the prowl for high end jeans. 

Honored Contributor

I've never thought about copying a celebrity clothes, but I've taken pics of hairstyles to my stylist from time to time.