Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you buy your bras according to your skin color?

Depends on the purpose....am I wearing the bra so it won't be seen or am I wearing the bra because I know it WILL be seen?

Every day bra wear is skin color because I wear white/ivory tops a lot.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

Haven't given much thought to my bra to my skin tone.  I go by the top I am wearing -  Nude or skin tone with whites or light colors, black for black  and then I have a pink, light blue, white, dark pink and I think a few with patterns.  LOL    I also like to have matching panties,  I don't have matches to all of them but most.

Respected Contributor

I can't match my skin color, because "fish belly white" isn't offered by any bra manufacturers I have ever known of.  Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes ,  the less contrast between your bra and your skin tone, the less likely it is to be visible under your top.  That's what the host was referencing.

I thought it was best to wear a white bra under white or light colours.  Friends discussing this pointed out how clearly you could see that under many blouses compared to someone wearing a bra that was close to their skin tone.

Honored Contributor

Yes I do.  I also buy black to wear specifically with black tops.

Esteemed Contributor

Mainly nude color. No white bras. I do have black and light gray options.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I have beige, white or black.  What I'm wearing determines what color I wear.  

Almost always wear beige ... If I'm wearing a sheer black top and tank .... 'll wear black bra.  Same deal with white.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all of the responses. I won't wear a black bra under a white top of course but I do wear a lot of print tops so a nude or white bra does not show thru nor does it show thru a solid color top. I don't really wear any very shear tops that would show the color of my bra.

Honored Contributor

I prefer a variety too.  White, black, nude, a color or colors.  I have never bought a bra to match my skin tone.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Do they come with age spots?

♥Surface of the Sun♥