Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you buy your bras according to your skin color?

Yes, but I also have different colored and patterned ones for when what I am wearing can't be seen through.  

Honored Contributor

i purchase all color bras and i do use some that i like to match my skintone as close as possible. it really depends on what i am wearing.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have some black bras for when they might show with black or navy.  The rest are nude.

Trusted Contributor

I have a few color bras, & a couple with patterns on them, I rarely wear them. Most of my bras are close to my skin tone or black. 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I'm watching PM style and when the Soma bra vendor was giving her description of the bra she was selling I am sure I heard her say one color bra was perfect for darker skin tones. Anyone else hear that?  I have never purchased a bra based on my skin color, I buy what I like no matter what color. As a matter of fact I like a variety of colors. I would not buy anything with wild glowing colors however. I just never thought of buying bras that way and never heard of that before. Am I missing something here ? Just wondered.  

@Goodie2shoes 

I buy some bras that match my skin color and I wear them under tops where the bra color might show. 

But under everything else I wear dark or bright or pastel or prints. I’m the only one who knows and it is so much more fun!

Honored Contributor

Another nude here.  I've never owned a. colored bra.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I buy Bali bras and have dark plum, royal blue, deep grey, light turquoise, black, dark brown, and white - and several tan with multiple colors running thru them. I like changing up the color.

Trusted Contributor

The Soma representative is making a smart selling point.  I wear nudes ranging from light beige to dark chocolate.  The lingerie industry, similar to hosiery, cosmetics, and bandages, are aware that a significant population is not served by the "general nude" label.  There are bras and panties with more than 10 "nudes"  that attempt serve a market comprised of Women of Color. The entertainer/designer/entrepreneur Rhianna shook up the cosmetic industry when she introduced her Fenty collection with its 35 plus colors of makeup.  Their actions were not being "politically correct."  Just as the cosmetic companies on the Q recognize that White women are not all porcelain like Nicole Kidman, nor are all Black women, for example, caramel like Halle Berry.

Honored Contributor

The majority of my bras and panties are close to my skin color.  I buy a light nude color.

I have been doing this since I was a teenager.  Less show thru under white or light colored clothing.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy just about any color other than nude or white. I don’t even think I have a white bra. If I do it’s in the back of my drawer. I like purples, black, green, blues, pinks etc. I don’t wear white tops so I don’t worry about showing through.