Honored Contributor

Re: Do you buy your basics in every color?

very often.....and usually doubles or triples in black and white.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I generally start out getting one or two colors.  If I love them enough, then I'll go back & get my other colors.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I would think that it goes without saying that it's every color I like! 🙄

I generally start with one and if I like it go back for more

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I do in colors that I like. I do with Flexabelle jeans and capri's since they are a perfect fit for me and I live in them. TeesI  like colors, never black, green, taupe/beige or yellow, never been  good colors on me. Do the same with shoes.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

Thank you!

as for the height thing I get that frequently and even from people standing in the same room with me! LOL

I hadn't been measured in decades so the last time I was at the doctors I had the nurse take my height, just in case there were some weird growth spurt somewhere along the line that I didn't know about, but no, I'm still 5 foot two 😄

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I only buy pretty bright colors; never buy black, white, taupe, gray, olive.  They don't do a thing for an older woman with silver hair.

@Kachina624 I am an older woman with blonde to platinum hair who 75 percent of the time does buy black, white, taupe, gray and a lot of olive!  I have very green green eyes and olive has always been a great color for me.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Yes I do in colors that I like. I do with Flexabelle jeans and capri's since they are a perfect fit for me and I live in them. TeesI  like colors, never black, green, taupe/beige or yellow, never been  good colors on me. Do the same with shoes.

@mspatmac 

While I stick with the brands that I like when it comes to jeans and trousers I don't buy the same thing in multiple colors as frequently as I do with tops

Contributor

I am a black and white girl, so I stick with that.  Works for me very well.

Trusted Contributor

While I worked, I bought basic tops and pants in multiple colors. Now, the multiples I might buy include one item for me and another for my sister or best friend. I don't need much at all in clothing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.  And, if it's tee shirts, I'll buy in several colors and 3 in white!

When I find shoes that fit, I'll buy in every color they come in and 2 in black (oh, you didn't ask that)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt