Esteemed Contributor

Do you buy "backup" shoes?

[ Edited ]

I do. When i find an oustanding pair of shoes that really fit my narrow feet, i often buy a 2nd or 3rd  identical pair. I am always afraid that the style will be discontinued (and they usually do at some point). i am curious if anybody else does this......

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you buy "backup" shoes?

If l like a pair of shoes, and they're comfortable, l might buy another pair or two, in different colors. But if you wear the shoes a lot, it's a good idea to buy a second pair of the same color.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Last year was the first tine, actually!  I found a particular style in Fly London I like for work.  As they came up in different neutral colors at great prices,  I got them!  They work!  Now, FL seems to have gotten rid of my favorite platform sole.  No bother, lol!!!  I'm covered!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I wear Nike Benassi Duo Ultra slides around the house and always have a backup pair. 

Respected Contributor

I hate wasting $$$, and shoes can be my downfall. They feel great for an hour and then turn into torture devices. I have bought multiples in a style, but found they don’t always fit the same either. 

Respected Contributor

No, I do not buy back-up shoes because it is fun to constantly discover something new.

However, I do confess to having bought the same pair of sparkly Inc. pump heels at Macy's in three different colors (black, gold, copper) because they are glamorous, comfortable and economical!

Respected Contributor

I thought it was just me.  I always buy two pairs of the same shoes that I am really crazy about.  

Honored Contributor

I wear a 12 narrow shoe.  That is a difficult size to find in shoes that I like.  If they are comfortable and fit well I will buy several colors of the same shoe. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy backups of shoes and also pants if I find some that I don’t want to be without. I have a great leather loafer in two colors and wish I had ordered another black pair...sure enough, they discontinued them. I found some black jeggings I love ; bought two pair...then bought two more. 

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 

No. Never. 

I do have shoes I like so much that I purchased additional colors but it would never occur to me to get identical ones. I don’t really wear shoes out that quickly.