Honored Contributor

Re: Do you believe 'everything goes with anything'?

@kzjohnson wrote:

@sallybusky wrote:

Great Googly-Moogly, people! It's just an expression. For the record: An apple a day does NOT keep the doctor away, my husband is my best friend - not my dogs or diamonds, and brace yourselves: everything is not coming up roses.

Couldn't have said it better myself @sallybusky!  No need to take things so literal.

I think when LG says it, she pretty much means it.

She demonstrates that by how she piles everything on with everything.

Now, I don't think everything goes with everything and the outfits often look ridiculous, but she's (and anyone else) is certainly entitled to think all that works.

Honored Contributor

In searching for color wheels, I just found a great website:  Tiger color.com / color-theory    "Basic color schemes-Introduction to color theory. "   Anyway there are color wheels, explaining color theory, and what I learned a hundred years ago (lol).  This in no way is meant to criticize anyone; just as a refresher for those who are interested, possibly for home or other decor/crafts/etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I don't believe anything I see and very little that I wear.

Contributor

The problem I see with the comments is that often they are very personal toward Lori Goldstein.   When I watch and listen to her talk about her clothing line, I hear nothing but passion, enjoyment, and respect for all women.  She has earned the right to design and sell her clothes by working in the industry for decades.  Of course, no one will like everything from a designer, even if they like that designer.  I just am horrified by the disrespectful words that are used to describe Lori and her clothing.  By association, this is probably insulting to some of the women who enjoy Lori's clothing and have found dressing to be fun again.  I believe that a middle-aged woman who has worked hard, has passion for her work, and is making a good living should be admired.  I wear some of Lori's designs and would not wear others. I am tall and skinny, I am 60 years old and a college professor.  It saddens me to see how the women on this board will trash another woman.  

Valued Contributor

Heck no. It can look sloppy and as if you don't care what you look like. 

Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone really believe this?  In my book, it's a dishonest selling tactic.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Why does anyone care what anyone else says about Lori's clothes.  No one is being forced to buy them.  Let those who will buy them.  It's their money.  I don't care what she sells or what anyone else buys but for me and my household, we don't buy them and the reason is my own for which no one would care but a lot would make a big deal of it as if it mattered.

Honored Contributor

There is something in the world of advertising called "puffery."  It's defined as "vague claims about the product which cannot be proved or disproved." 

For example, if an advertiser said, "This is the best hamburger in the world," that statement cannot be proven and is so exaggerated that no one would believe it.  That is in contrast to "this hamburger cures cancer," which is blatantly false and would indeed be false advertising.

The "everything goes with anything" slogan falls readily into the category of "puffery."  You're not "supposed" to believe it. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I think most of us feel that not everything goes together but for me that might be one thing and something different for another person.  I know everything in my closet doesn't look good together, at least not to me.  I really don't care what someone else buys and wears as long as I am free to choose my own style. 

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF   I think these women who are crazy for LOGO really believe every word LG utters about this line. If LG believes what she's saying is true then ok, but if she's just saying all this to sell more clothes then yes, it's so dishonest. Lets face it some people have no fashion sense and really take everything these designers and hosts say about fashion as gospel. I think we all have bought into a line of clothing that maybe wasn't our best look, but when you have people looking ridiculous and spending alot of money to do it, well you just have to know when to pull the plug. I don't think we should be shamed for calling it like we see it just because some college professor thinks LG has paid her dues and is a woman. I would agree with her if I didn't think LG was trying to secure her future on my dime.