Esteemed Contributor

I generally trust reviewers because I only read the reviews for items I'm considering buying. In the case of this strange outfit, I wouldn't be interested in it so the reviews wouldn't interest me either. I'm sure the reviews were made by 20-something young women who live in cities where this would be popular. It doesn't mean the reviews are not trustworthy, it just means they're not useful for me, but they would probably be useful for someone else.

Respected Contributor

I always read the reviews.  They help form my decision.  Sometimes the reviewers issues are not mine.  I always leave reviews for merchandise that I have purchased.  Even when I leave a less than stellar review, QVC always publishes.  

Honored Contributor

I don't trust 100% of the reviews.  I glance at them and see if there are any common themes.  Some negative reviews could be positive for me.  I don't even look at the reviews until I've looked at garment measurements.  Once that hurdle is cleared, I go to reviews.  

Honored Contributor

Here on QVC .... I don't bother reading or writing them.

I do read reviews on other websites - but take everything with a grain of salt.

Honored Contributor

When I read reviews about any product on QVC, Amazon or any other site I take them with a grain of salt.  If there are several reviews with the same problem then I am concerned.  If there is only 1 complaint then I dont take it too seriously.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

If I don't like the style of the item to begin with (like the weird jumpsuit above), I don't even bother reading reviews.   If it's an item I'm interested in, yes, I'll look for reviews regarding sizing and quality.  If I order any item of clothing at all, it's from a catalog or website I've used before and trust.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you Trust Reviewers?

[ Edited ]

no, which makes me wonder what % of the items in clothes or shoes, might have been returned even if the message was good. 

Honored Contributor

If I saw something I didn't even like, like that awfulness posted above, I wouldn't bother to read reviews because the item would have no interest to me.

I don't rely on reviews here for shoes or clothing.  A review is nothing more than that person's opinion of the item and opinions vary.  

I've ordered items with horrible reviews that I loved and items with excellant reviews that I hated.

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you Trust Reviewers?

[ Edited ]

I always check out reviews. With clothing items I try to look for reviewers that have ordered a size similar to mine and what they say about fit. When I review a clothing item I try to remember to put in my heigth, weight, & measurements . I agree that "I liked it " isn't terribly helpful by itself.

In regard to appliances & electronics I read many reviews at all the sites I can. I usually 'google' the item # . Reading thru them you see some that condemn the item , but you just know the users did not follow the directions !  I usually forget about an item with all low stars.

I agree with spiderwoman that reviews can be a good frame of reference.

Frequent Contributor

Reviews can be very helpful. As a rule, people will tend to leave a bad review on something more often than those who liked the product. They want to make sure others know what was wrong with the item. Except for Linea on QVC of course. If the item came with holes in it or a sleeve missing the "cult" would give it 5 star reviews anyway.