Honored Contributor

This is a "no" for me.

However, the reviews (although there are only 5) are excellent.

Would you order something with bad product photos based on the positive reviews?

Honored Contributor

I'll read the reviews before I decide.  Their issue isn't always mine.

Honored Contributor

Just because I don't have the same style sense as the reviewers doesn't mean I don't trust them.  In this case, I assume they loved the style as well as the fabric and workmanship but that's not a style I'd ever chose -  not even if you were the reviewer!

Think of it this way -   I don't ever buy Linea or Logo.  That doesn't mean I don't trust the reviews.  I just trust my own judgment about what looks good on my body more.

Respected Contributor

I would not personally purchase the above item of it had 100 5 star reviews .  However, I do read reviews for clothes I plan to purchase.  The reviews help me see if I might need to size up or down or to judge the quality of that item.

Honored Contributor

Style is taste and everyone has their own taste when it comes to fashion.  I would trust reviews because that person is speaking for herself and even If I don't like the item, I would think the reviewer is responding based on her sense of style. 

Sometimes I do think an item over if all reviews are negative but in the end I make up my own mind.  Reviews can be a good frame of reference at times.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Would you order something with bad product photos based on the positive reviews?

Absolutely not,  That would be crazy.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

holy cow what is that!? lol! even if this had a hundred five star reviews, i would trust my own taste and not listen to anyone else's. if it's going on my body, i'll be the judge of what's nice or not. 

Honored Contributor

I do read the reviews but I am looking for info. on fit,  fabric and color when it comes to clothes.  I don't want to hear "it's nice" -- that tells me nothing.

HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I wouldn't even read the reviews.   They're probably fake.   Lol

I have bought things based based on bad reviews.  I've wound up loving it.   

Respected Contributor

That thing gives me the creeps!