Respected Contributor

Re: Do you Like These Colors Together?

@LillyBee2 wrote:

I do like the colors together, but I'm thinking red and green can be tricky.  They chose more of an olive and chili or poppy  red, which I think pops.    I probably would just choose 2 pieces of the red, like shoes and the scarf and use the olive as the base all over color.  Looks nice to me.  

@LillyBee2   Thank you - I agree.

Esteemed Contributor

Like the colors. No stripes for me, though.

Honored Contributor

The denim and red-orange together - yes.

The rest .... no.

Honored Contributor

I like the whole grouping. Interesting to look at and versatile to mix and match.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

definite like for me-     Lots of those colors in my own closets and dressers.  Nice of Talbots to copy me.

@millieshops @lolakimono 

I think they looked into my closets via some sort of ray beam ... and saw all these amazing shades of olive I didn't even realize I'd accumulated in fall 2019 and into 2020 (mostly jackets and outer wear).

Of course I didn't dare go anywhere, so I'm looking forward to trying different variations on a theme. I'll try these colors together .... definitely.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan.  Unless you have a print joining two colors like these (olive being the harder to work with) it's hard to combine and doesn't have harmony to the eye.

Olive comes from mixing a primary color (Red, Blue, Yellow) with a secondary color (Green, Orange, Violet)  A tertiary color is made which can be very difficult to work with and has a double name "yellow-green" or olive. 

The olive may have more blue or green.

This add shows more yellow in the olive green.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes I do like those colors together. In fact I love that combo so much that I painted my front door red and the body of my house is dusty sage green.

So is mine, @SilleeMee .  We built our home in the 80's and have had it painted a few time through the years.  It is cedar siding.  I always pick the same color.  I love green.  I also love my Willie. Woman Very Happy

20210223_115020.jpeg

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Yes! I like them a lot together! I also like all of the items I'm seeing there, but I cannot wear that red! 
No matter tho! For people who can, those are great pieces!

I absolutely love wearing CCB "ash olive" so unusual and it is a "cool" tone olive!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely like them, together or separately. Great colors!

Honored Contributor

Yes, those colors work well together!